Exhaust Tip

AJH

how easy does the chrome tip come off the exhaust? I didn't notice a simple screw to take it off (although it might require further inspection) That car is begging for a 3inch tip. The stock look does no justice to finish that thing off. Any takers?

how?? use torch to twist it and take it out???
detail plz..=P
by the way..can you just put a bigger exhaust tip over the original one???
and beside..just putting exhaust tip on will see the small one right??
that will look strange

I put a 3.5" tip OVER the stock tip. In order to hide the stock tip, I had to make the other one stick out a little. And also, the tip I bought was slanted, so it helps hide the stock tip. I'll post a couple pictures soon once I figure out how :confused:

Onatrum:
it sounds good...where did you get it?? how much does it cost you???
look nice?? easy to install???
hehe
but 3"5 looks too big to me..
oh maybe if it's 3" or something
you can't put it OVER the original exhaust tip right??

Why not just get a full cat-back exhaust? you'll get the performance gains and the bigger tip. Or just replace the muffler bit?

cause i don't want those loud voice...but i want it to look better...and beside..cat-back exhaust is expensive..i can't afford it...even i can afford it...parents won't let me change it...=P

skman:

Umm...the tip I bought was about $20 at Auto Zone or Advanced auto parts. The 3.5" had a bigger inlet to it and it fit right over the stock tip, but the smaller tips wouldn't fit. The little curve in our back bumpers where the exhaust comes out is 4" in diameter, so 3.5" tip actually looks pretty good, it seems to fit right in there. There are three clamps for the tip I bought that hold it onto the muffler pipe, and ya have to tighten them evenly to keep the tip straight. I kinda tightened one too much so my tip comes out a little sideways, but I'm just to lazy to fix it.

Now let me see if I can post some pics....

Pictures of 3.5" tip

Okay, just experimenting.....see if this link works...if it does, then you should have 5 pictures of 3.5" tip to choose from.

Also, check out that same link to see a picture I created of the P5 with duels...let me know what ya think. Most people liked the look, but suggested bigger tips. Thanks.

My "experimental site"

thanks for posting those pics.....that tips looks good....fit our p5...hehe...but actually it's a bit outward..you know what i meant??
you should put it little bit back..so it won't stick out...
oh yeah..make be put it too back...it will see the original one...=P
hahaa
duels looks great on our p5...it gave us a aggressive looks..and it looks like out p5 have atleast 200 hp...hahahaa....

Yeah, you're right about it sticking out quite a bit. I think it's a personal preference type thing. I don't mind it sticking out like that, I think it's agressive looking. But you're right, the main reason I did that was to hide the stock tip.

In the future, I do plan on getting an actual performance exhaust, but I'm not rushing the process. I figure this tip will spice things up for now. :)

Back