Exhaust Noise

BlackCherry

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Ok, so basically I have a Racing Beat catback. I've been running stock hangers for about a month or 2. And I finally got fed up with the constant squeaking so I invest in a pair of corksports exhaust hangers. Put the 12's on the back and the 10's on the cat. I used zip ties around the hangers like posted in the how to.

But here's my problem. The exhaust rattles on the bumper on start ups and idles occasionally. Plus the exhaust still moves around a little. I was expecting more silence from the hangers. Don't get me wrong it's a huge improvement. I just wasn't expecting any noise other than the muffers sounds. Any insight?

ok, so I figured out that it's not the tip rattling on the rear bumper. But something else is rattling. It makes some buzzing noise. It's from the exhaust pipe cause it only started happening once I put the hangers on. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have some kind of idea as to what it could be. I haven't had the time to take a look at it with work and all, but I will as soon as I get the chance

i think i get the same rattling your talking about with mine. i just cjalked it up to the airflow bouncing around in the pipe depending as the rpms change

Well I mean for mine, even at idle it rattles, mostly the low rpms. When I'm already moving as long as it's not a residential road normally it's quiet. But on common occasions I'll be stopped at a stop light and all I'll hear is this obnoxious rattle. I'm pretty sure that somethings touching something else.

Check the heat shields and clamps. I had just an old clamp rattling on there... The shield was long gone...

It's around the area of the muffler area though, somewhere around the backseat area. It sounds louder in the car than outside of it

Latest posts

Back