Exhaust mod

InspirenNick

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Wanted some peoples opinions of my idea to mod my stock exhaust.
Was looking to cut of the 2nd cat and run 2.5 pipes to resonator to straight pipe no muffler.

Yes, I love loud exhausts!
Yes, more for sound and less restrictive.
Has anyone done this?

I want too keep on one cat for emissions and the o2 sensor.
So by deleting one cat and resonator but stock muffler sound loud with a little turbo whistle?

Look around for some exhaust videos, that's the only way to know how it will sound. $5 non-fouler from the auto parts store will prevent a CEL.

A spark plug non fouler? For the exhaust? (so confused) please explain further, I'm interested.

Also, have you checked you for sale thread? Those pipes still for sale?

Sorry for the hijack

i have gutted cats no muffler. just the stock resonator and its not that loud. just ordered me a 3 inch exhaust to go with the pope dp i have on order

No, not yet working too much. My plan is to cut out the cats leave the muffler.. I'll probably end up just getting the mil eliminator. It's just $38 and I know it works.

i done the non fouler and never had one problem from it. had 2 codes about my o2 but that just because its going bad. but with 140k on it what do you expect. and its much cheaper to do and all you need is a drill and a 1/2 inch bit.

Last edited:
If you plan on running more than 18-20psi and 300hp you may want the larger exhaust but the 65mm will suit you just fine.

I deleted both my cats deleted, 3" piping to resonator and to magnaflow exhaust muffler, it sounds pretty beefed up, not like a freakin ricer !

Back