exhaust & Dp question

P-a5speed

:
Mazdaspeed protege
Hey guys !

I'm starting to look around for an upgrade downpipe and exhaust for my little banana
.. yes i'm talking about my mazdaspeed 3,5 :p

I would like to know what would be your choice for that setup and why ?

For the DP corksport or Pope ?

Exhaust - Corksport , Perrin , Magnaflow etc ?

2,5 inch - 3 inch , Cat or no Cat ??

Thanks guys !

pope is/was running a gb on the down pipe on his website. really the only option and you still have to wait for him to make them. Im not sure if he is still taking orders. Cork sport no longer offers them.

3" , catalytic convertor all depends on how much you love the environment and if its legally required in your area. Performance wise no cat is better.
Cork sport is probably most convenient and 3".

as far as i know perrin is no longer available

i think the magnaflow is only 2.25"

I'm doing pope 3"downpipe with a Grimspeed adapter down to a 2.5" cat less mid pipe with another adapter down to the stock catback. With the two cats removed the flow is still much better than stock, even with the two reducers. Plus I want this exhaust quieter than on my Nissan so the stock catback is perfect for me.

I ran the stock downpipe with an Apex 2.5" J/midpipe combo to stock catback before on the stock turbo at 12psi with no problems and it was fast enough for a daily driver.

i think with the addition of the pope downpipe, new turbo and built motor I shouldn't have much trouble hitting close to the 300whp with this set up. And it won't piss off the neighbors every morning.

I hope to one day hit 400-500whp and be done with it. But starting with basics right now..Really tired of being stock! I need a tune so bad! Im really wore out on this stock tune.. haha.. But I am super ready for pope dp and mani!!

I'm doing pope 3"downpipe with a Grimspeed adapter down to a 2.5" cat less mid pipe with another adapter down to the stock catback. With the two cats removed the flow is still much better than stock, even with the two reducers. Plus I want this exhaust quieter than on my Nissan so the stock catback is perfect for me.

I ran the stock downpipe with an Apex 2.5" J/midpipe combo to stock catback before on the stock turbo at 12psi with no problems and it was fast enough for a daily driver.

i think with the addition of the pope downpipe, new turbo and built motor I shouldn't have much trouble hitting close to the 300whp with this set up. And it won't piss off the neighbors every morning.
Do you have a pic of your Apex J/Midpipe? I have a catless 2.5" J/midpipe I bought used and I never knew what brand it was.

Ill probably go with the corksport power exhaust.
Im also trying to put the hands on a downpipe , but no results for the moment , if anyone of you find a cork or pope , hit me up !

Thanks guys !

I'm not using facebook .. Does the guy is on the club here ? How much he's asking

And pope downpipe with corksport exhaust will be a good combo pack ?

Yeah the two exhausts will work fine, just get the larger corksport or get an adapter. I don't know if he is a member but I think it was $330 shipped in the US. It may be sold by now.

Can I get a PM with the facebook protege pages?? I really cant find any..And pope is doing a sale on the DP right now. Not sure if he is still talking orders..

Back