EVO (UK car mag) Article: "Mazda 3 MPS Aero Kit"

Those pesky Britts, there not only good looking but got smarts too.(sssh)

Interesting how they say the handling so not so great but here its considered to be good

meha11 said:
Interesting how they say the handling so not so great but here its considered to be good

I was thinking that too. There is another post around here about testing lots of cars handling at laguna. In all the different classes the ms3 got 7th overall; beating out the rx8 and s2000 to name a couple. So why does this review differ so much?

And brits aren't pesky, they are cheeky (screwy)

yea but with those rear views u cant flip in or out like we can...like if ur driving through a drivethru or a bank...the best upgrade is teh springs and thats like 400 from mazda which is not bad

Kosh said:
I was thinking that too. There is another post around here about testing lots of cars handling at laguna. In all the different classes the ms3 got 7th overall; beating out the rx8 and s2000 to name a couple. So why does this review differ so much?

And brits aren't pesky, they are cheeky (screwy)

I think Brits, and Europeans in general, are much more tolerant of (or maybe they even enjoy) stiff suspensions and better handling than us Americans. Whenever you hear "European handling," it's a good thing. "American handling"??? that's like a caddy (or an ES300 these days), cushy and isolated from the road.

I have trouble believing that any FWD car can out-handle the RX8 or S2000 (two RWD cars known for their handling prowess), although the MS3 could be more fun on a track. I'd like to see that link if you have it.

To me, there is nothing more fun then trail throttle oversteer. I chose FWD because there is no MS3 RWD. Imagine if it were though...wooo!

gar777 said:
I think Brits, and Europeans in general, are much more tolerant of (or maybe they even enjoy) stiff suspensions and better handling than us Americans. Whenever you hear "European handling," it's a good thing. "American handling"??? that's like a caddy (or an ES300 these days), cushy and isolated from the road.

I have trouble believing that any FWD car can out-handle the RX8 or S2000 (two RWD cars known for their handling prowess), although the MS3 could be more fun on a track. I'd like to see that link if you have it.

Mazda isn't really an American car...

If you'd ever driven a proper hot hatch made by Renault, Citroen, Alfa, Ford Europe, Seat (pronounced See-at) or the European Civic Type R you'd know how watered down the cars we North American's get. Most car companies claim Nurburgring testing... but that's for the European version of their cars, they then water them down and soften them up for our big slow highways and lumbing cities filled with 90 degree corners. It makes sense... 80% of the car buying public in North America wants something comfortable to comute in stop and go traffic and they like soft and easy to drive cars... so that's what we get. Because remember, those European cars are much better handling and faster, but usually at the expense of comfort and ease of driving. Most Europeans grow up surrounded by motorsport and are encouraged to enjoy a spirited drive and learn to handle a car properly and appreciate good chassis dynamics from a yound age. Most North Americans are brought up around football, NASCAR, Escalades and driving straight down a highway with a low speed limit to the nearest mall. It's all about pleasing the masses whereever they are.

Last edited:
Ordering the spoke mirror

Any know where we can order the mirror that the aero package has for the UK?

Funny, the rear wing looks like our wing. If you look at the MPS 3 article, the car has the stock MZ3 wing on it. I was also wondering if some of the other items when we have are "upgrades" for the Euro cars.

Mike

Shock96 said:
Funny, the rear wing looks like our wing. If you look at the MPS 3 article, the car has the stock MZ3 wing on it. I was also wondering if some of the other items when we have are "upgrades" for the Euro cars.

Mike

If you click on the link at the bottom of the page to their original review when the speed came out, you can see a True Red interior with the heated seat switches below the HU! Mazda Canada, when trying to explain why there was no heated seats while a regular 3 had them, said the new seat designs cannot accommodate the heated function. What a bunch of bull!

Last edited:
Wishmaster said:
If you'd ever driven a proper hot hatch made by Renault, Citroen, Alfa, Ford Europe, Seat (pronounced See-at) or the European Civic Type R you'd know how watered down the cars we North American's get. Most car companies claim Nurburgring testing... but that's for the European version of their cars, they then water them down and soften them up for our big slow highways and lumbing cities filled with 90 degree corners. It makes sense... 80% of the car buying public in North America wants something comfortable to comute in stop and go traffic and they like soft and easy to drive cars... so that's what we get. Because remember, those European cars are much better handling and faster, but usually at the expense of comfort and ease of driving. Most Europeans grow up surrounded by motorsport and are encouraged to enjoy a spirited drive and learn to handle a car properly and appreciate good chassis dynamics from a yound age. Most North Americans are brought up around football, NASCAR, Escalades and driving straight down a highway with a low speed limit to the nearest mall. It's all about pleasing the masses whereever they are.

Nice, I like this post.

I'd take the rougher ride but livelier handling car any day.

R

Wishmaster said:

Which also explains the thriving modification industry.

Back