Evo conversion kit for MP3

how do you post pictures without attaching them ? I wanna show off my conversion too :)

FSDET said:
how do you post pictures without attaching them ? I wanna show off my conversion too :)
you host them somewhere else or goto the upload section under user cp and whenever you reply in a post click the symbol of the mountian with the sun and type in the url of where the picture is.

wow...nice work with headlights, i always hate and don't understand why the people leave the silver round thing near amber. I'm glad that you painted in black. Looks awesome!!!

Saint-Knight said:
wow...nice work with headlights, i always hate and don't understand why the people leave the silver round thing near amber. I'm glad that you painted in black. Looks awesome!!!
im not sure if you are referring to my headlights or not but if you are they are corksport headlight housings. they aren't painted.

I"m still working on my BMW conversion

car%20pics%20goose%204e%20083.jpg

bmw%20pics%20013.jpg

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just go out and buy an Evo instead of going through all the trouble of converting a completely different make and model. :)

working on the car is fun, even if its a huge project like that.. im sure the fwd to awd conversion was the hardest tho

lol- thanks.. Yeah I put a lot of work into it. The project took almost two years. Let's just say there were a lot of late night trips to autozone.

Not to rain on your parade, but I really want to see pictures of the progress from start to finish. I just can't fathom someone spending 49K on a car that you "modified" when you could have bought the same production car for 30K brand new. If you are joking then I'm not laughing.

sanblaster1 said:
Tunersteve, lets do some math because I am trying to figure it out as well.

19,000-11,700 = 7,300

7,300+30,000 = $37,300 I am assuming that is what it cost him more or less if he is not joking around.

I'm with you man. I just read the one post where he sold parts off of the MP3, which i didn't figure into my math. I just saw 19K for the car +30K for the modifications =49K. For that kinda money you can get a hell of a lot nice car, since thats Vette territory, or SVT Mustang with some change.

Ok, so I'm going to make the assumption that the reason behind this conversion was "because it was there." If you can still prove it was an MP3, it'll be a hell of a show car if nothing else.

But why the MP3? I mean, since you replaced everything in the process, why not just drop the $7k + conversion money on a standard 3rd gen Protege?

Looks good, though. Grats on finishing. :)

Latest posts

Back