Eternal Blue

N7turbo

2023 CX-5 2.5T
Did you guys notice Eternal Blue made a comeback for 2024? I guess you could say it's...Eternal.

Eternal Blue.jpg

After owning a 2020 Soul Red Crystal Metallic GT it was time for more power in a less-common CX-5 color, so we picked the rarest of all on our 2022 Signature, even though it required a 3 month wait. Mazda's Eternal Blue was really a blue-tinted gray while this Reflex is a much more-saturated version with plenty of color. Both have great reflective qualities.
IMG_1723.jpg
image4.jpeg

After owning a 2020 Soul Red Crystal Metallic GT it was time for more power in a less-common CX-5 color, so we picked the rarest of all on our 2022 Signature, even though it required a 3 month wait.
Heh! Snap! Our 2014 CX-5 was Soul Red, and then we went with Eternal Blue for our 2019 :D

This has always been one of my favourite Mazda colours, even though I have never owned one in that colour. Looks especially sharp on the CX-5, as well as the current Miata, last gen Mazda6 and the previous gen Mazda3.

It's a super classy looking blue! I don't know why it's not more common, I never see any CX-5 in blue really.

Though I have to say, I really miss the Celestial Blue that mazda used to do quite a few years ago. I had a gorgeous gen2 mazda3 in celestial blue, if they did that blue again for the CX-5 i'd probably go out of my way to own one haha

After owning a 2020 Soul Red Crystal Metallic GT it was time for more power in a less-common CX-5 color, so we picked the rarest of all on our 2022 Signature, even though it required a 3 month wait. Mazda's Eternal Blue was really a blue-tinted gray while this Reflex is a much more-saturated version with plenty of color. Both have great reflective qualities.View attachment 325162View attachment 325164
One of the greatest sports cars ever made -

It's a super classy looking blue! I don't know why it's not more common, I never see any CX-5 in blue really.

Though I have to say, I really miss the Celestial Blue that mazda used to do quite a few years ago. I had a gorgeous gen2 mazda3 in celestial blue, if they did that blue again for the CX-5 i'd probably go out of my way to own one haha
We have one, 2023 CX-5 in the Signature trim. However, I haven’t seen another one in the Sebring, Florida area yet.

they had it when I bought my 2023 turbo. My wife did not want it because her mother has a eternal blue cx5 and said it looked like an old person's color. ;) I was like we are old lol...
We have one, 2023 CX-5 in the Signature trim. However, I haven’t seen another one in the Sebring, Florida area yet.
Its a great color for bringing out the lines

Eternal Blue has been around forever. It's usually old people that buy it
Old people ? Where did you get that stat ?
I think many in here guess alot then it become a truth- i try to operate on science , and fact- ---its still nice - but wouldnt own any dark colored car - nicks , scratches , dings stick out bg time - white / silver -/ lt grey -

Old people ? Where did you get that stat ?
I think many in here guess alot then it become a truth- i try to operate on science , and fact- ---its still nice - but wouldnt own any dark colored car - nicks , scratches , dings stick out bg time - white / silver -/ lt grey -
From selling them for the last 6 years

From selling them for the last 6 years
Well _ suppose that your experience is such - as I sold Mazdas as well going back to 1996 thru 2015-( of course Mazda didnt have fully independent dealers then ) and In the area I lived , Grey, and Red for some reason --- Now I live in the southwest -- White is KIng , and the dark colors get discounted if the dealers get stuck with , blacks or blues - . It fully about the heat factor -- not the liking of white or silver --
I enjoyed selling Mazdas -- How is it these days ? I bet you do well !

Last edited:
Eternal Blue has been around forever. It's usually old people that buy it
Or more likely people with impeccable taste who appreciate not only its subtle beauty, rarity, and reflective qualities, but the fact that Mazda does not charge a premium for it.

If you keep it even half-way clean it looks great, unlike other darker colors which look stunning when washed but the next day... not so much... :cry:

Mazda paint quality is as good as more expensive luxury makes. Zero orange peel, alongside very tight panel gaps - ahead of some other higher volume manufacturers like Toyota and Honda and on par with much more expensive Lexus. I think Soul Red is the most expensive looking color, but I'm not a red car guy. White will reject heat the best, but I prefer silver as my overall choice to have some heat rejection, being shiny, along with hiding dirt really well. I bought a CX-5 in Sonic Silver Metallic but I think the blue is very nice, my 2nd choice.

Mazda paint quality is as good as more expensive luxury makes. Zero orange peel, alongside very tight panel gaps - ahead of some other higher volume manufacturers like Toyota and Honda and on par with much more expensive Lexus. I think Soul Red is the most expensive looking color, but I'm not a red car guy. White will reject heat the best, but I prefer silver as my overall choice to have some heat rejection, being shiny, along with hiding dirt really well. I bought a CX-5 in Sonic Silver Metallic but I think the blue is very nice, my 2nd choice.
knot shore eye can agree on the paint quality being as good as lexus, in my experience at least. the actual colors are not far off and often more creative, but quality is another thing. i didn't really like red before getting my '17 soul red GT, but it's definitely won me over.

Back