engine swap need a little help

heeroguy

:
2003.5 mazda mazdaspeed protege
well if anyone read bought my msp about 2 months ago, 3 weeks later blew motor, 3 weeks later drove to NC and bought another msp to swap motors.

long story short, this is what i have got done

motor in
tranny
intake
exhaust
turbo
power steering
ac
alternator.
well got most reinstalled

but i am having a little issue with some coolant lines and vac lines, as both the cars were modded when i bought them wither different mods, so dont have a good base to go back too, does anyone have any diagrams pictures etc that could helpe me get all the wiring in the correct spots and so i dont miss anything on it,?

would need pics of what your needing help with...what mods do you have ect...

ok car 1 ( car i am using) also this is a reg prot motor that had oil pan tapped
fmic 1 in 1 out
hks ssqv
forged bov
split second ss
twm SS
manual boost controller

car 2 (donor motor car)
obx headers
unsure of turbo but a bigger .70 trim
custom 3inch stainless exhaust
fmic 1in 1 out on same side
hks ssqy bov
synapse wastegate,

so where i am at is on left side of motor aka drivers side, the water inlet pipe that bolts to motor, the rear tube off that i have no connection for, the turbo either coolant lines just dont seem to line up with the 2 coolant lines ( im sure i can bend them and get them, they are the 2 that are clamped together with the oil feed line)

there is a few vac lines but those are not a big concern im sure ill figure them out,

but each of the cars had one of the coolan lines on the left side pluged off, car 2 was bloked off at one of the coolant lines that leads forward towards turbo, car 2 had vise versa.

this is about where i am at atm lol
thanks for any help

ok my biggest problem at the moment is this, the pipe off the water pump (2 pipes attach to the bas of the water outlet pipe, then run along the front of the block under the head) after it goes around the left side of the motor (drivers side) it splits 3 ways, back, up and right (towards passenger side) now the right face port there is a hose connected that leads right around where the oil filter is, but there is no open connection there, does anyone know where that one hose goes?

ok my biggest problem at the moment is this, the pipe off the water pump (2 pipes attach to the bas of the water outlet pipe, then run along the front of the block under the head) after it goes around the left side of the motor (drivers side) it splits 3 ways, back, up and right (towards passenger side) now the right face port there is a hose connected that leads right around where the oil filter is, but there is no open connection there, does anyone know where that one hose goes?

would help if you post up pictures also. that way it makes it easier to help

From your description it sounds as if the port you are referring to would attach to the Oil filter cooler. The cooler should have two ports itself. one connecting to a banjo type bolt with an outlet.. the other to the coolant line.

Attachments

• 2012-12-19_08-11-41_998.jpg
    2012-12-19_08-11-41_998.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
From your description it sounds as if the port you are referring to would attach to the Oil filter cooler. The cooler should have two ports itself. one connecting to a banjo type bolt with an outlet.. the other to the coolant line.

that picture just saved me a lot of problems thanks alot, that is exactly the hose im talking about, i have it all in and could not get a good look back there =) you da man sir

ok got it all up, tried to turn it over yesterday, battery was dead and got a small crank so that is working.

but there was a little electrical smoke comming from the main connector on the drivers side of the car right by the knock sensors, and also on the long flat white connector that mounts behind the left strut tower.

i took a bunch of pics of the wiring if anyone can notice anything i got wrong or a ground i missed please.

again thanks for all the help
IMG_20121219_184828.jpg

IMG_20121219_184822.jpg

IMG_20121219_184835.jpg

IMG_20121219_184841.jpg

IMG_20121219_184801.jpg

IMG_20121219_184809.jpg

Off the top of my head everything looks ok. Is the power steering fluid level wire hooked up in the first pic? Also, the water temp plug doesn't look right but that could be my memory... I will try to look @ my wife's car today and see what I can come up with.

smoking wire? sounds like a short....make sure there are no breaks in the insulation on the wires around the area that the smoke was coming from

Back