Engine seized

HabsFan

Hey, My name is Steve, and i thought i'd join this group after i heard bout it and ask for some opinions. I bought an 04 mazda 6 back in november with 46,000km on it for $15,000. 3 weeks the engine seized on me and has to be replaced,(thank god for warranty's). It was determined that the housing around the oil filter cracked and all the oil drained out. It was almost -30 the day it cracked when i started it. However, i feel i'm getting completely ripped off by my local Mazda dealership, they can only find 1 engine for it, it has just over 70,000km on it, and i told them i'm not happy with that many km's on my car, that i wanted an engine with close to the same as when i bought it, or a new one. I said if they put that engine in my car, i expect some kind of reimbursment from them, cause i paid $15,000 for a car with 46,000km on it, and after only driving it for afew months, and something completely not my fault, they want to add almost 25,000km more to my car,(almost a years worth of driving for me) and me to be ok with it, and they say they will not compensate me at all, even when a 04 mazda 6 with over 70,000km on it goes for almost $3000 less then what i paid for it. I know this is kind of a longer post, i tried my best to describe whats going on. Has anyone here experienced something like this before? Am i getting screwed over? ,or should i be expecting some cash back from them? Any help is greatly appreciated

Back