Engine power problem

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
I own a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege with 114000 miles.i recently discovered that when I floor it it he rpms move up slowly but the turbo is still boosting correctly. I put it to the floor and it doesn't pull. Please help

mine only act weird when its cold engine first time going up highway

(it will stuck at 60~80 km/h on 4th gear doesnt wanna go up no matter how much gas i give.) (sometimes i solve it by going down to 3rd gear and rev to redline then back to 4th. )

or i rev high rpm at local before i get on highway for like 10 mins and it doesnt tends to do so

(could it be the temperature sensor picked up sudden cold air input, making the engine flooded with fuel? )

Dude... that could be a million different things...
Any other symptoms? MIL? Odors? Certain RPM ranges?

It just starts to sound like it bogs when I floor somtimes but then other times it's fine. Also when I try to start it sometimes it starts then drops to zero rpm and dies unless I rev to red line

is ur battery old?

mine act like that when the voltage is low. (usually happens when i leave the car in mechanic/bodyshop for few days / or sit on driveway too long with alarm on)

then idk. mine drive fine at local as long as the battery is fully charged.

it only act weird when i first get on highway in the morning (i will have to get all the FMIC, MAF sensor relocated and 505airbox setup installed and see if it helps)

otherwise i might have to save up some money for a ssafc and see.

Torque is a app that will scan your car through a Bluetooth adapter. It can clear codes and also show you live data from your car. What might have helped is knowing your long and short term fuel trims...

Back