Engine miss and no check engine light (2018 CX-5)

I have a 2018 cx5 2.5 and when sitting at idle or driving down the road it has a miss and no check engine light, I have no other clue what is wrong with it..?

Instead of a miss, could it be the normal slight shudder felt when the air conditioning compressor cycles on and off. See if it occurs with the A/C off.

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific, how do you know it's a miss?. Is there loss of power when accelerating or is it just the tach fluctuating?
How many miles on the vehicle?

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific, how do you know it's a miss?. Is there loss of power when accelerating or is it just the tach fluctuating?
How many miles on the vehicle?
No loss of power , no check engine light or no codes with scanner check , nope tach stay at its normal function, but it is a miss

Upvote 0
No loss of power , no check engine light or no codes with scanner check , nope tach stay at its normal function, but it is a miss
The PCM continuously monitors if there's misfire, and also if there's enough of it to set a pending or actual code. There are misfire counter PIDs available via a live data scan tool which will tell you if there has been any misfire happening on your vehicle. If those counters have values of zero, then there has been no misfire since the last reset or battery disconnect. But if instead, you want to identify misfire by your gut feel, then full speed ahead.

Upvote 0
I didnt say it had a misfire , I said it had a miss or better worded jerk
I've never seen anyone use the word 'miss' to mean jerkiness (presumably during up or down shifting), but at least it's clear now what you're talking about. And what you're referring to is almost certainly the same transmission behavior that a number of others have described here.

Upvote 0
Back