engine after engine after engine

As he posted the second engine over heated. I think there was a problem with the cooling system. When I replaced my engine I did a engine flush. Both of us bought engines from the same place (AL-JAP). Since these engines sit for awhile rust build up in the cooling passages.

So what was the reason again for 3 complete motors? You couldn't have put a hole in the block everytime and should have been able to do a rebuild. I ran 13psi with a bigger than stock turbo for 90k miles still running strong with perfect compression then put in the forged motor.

I think the first engine went BOOM. And the second one over-heated and died. So he plans to get #3. All I can say to him is good luck. I have over 30k on mine and hold it holds 5psi all day. It matters how you drive.

I would like to have more details on the engine failures. maybe with our heads combined we can figure out the reliability issues here.

so if you could list those failures along with any mods you have.

if he's hitting fuel cut, then he's likely overboosting, and thats the reason right there. if I had to bet, the WGA went bad and wasn't replaced.

if he's hitting fuel cut, then he's likely overboosting, and thats the reason right there. if I had to bet, the WGA went bad and wasn't replaced.

yea feul cut was a b**** and a half for me and i was at 8 psi i drove on the highway everyday to get to school and i drove fast cause i was always late for class like an idiot. i found an engine with 25k on it get the turbo checked to see if it went bad replaceing the gaskets all around then dropping $820 on an fic a tune and installation by Luiggi from Olympic Motorsports in Margate Florida i heard he was one of the best in Florida. He mentioned alot of things that might have gone wrong with my engine like the thermostat the turbo wastegate actuator piston goin bad there was alot of things he said could have gone wrong. Im having it tuned and if it gives me any major problems then im parting the car or selling it for cheap once i get the problem fixed(not trying to jynx myself lol)

There has to be a reason to have blown all those motors, I do believe that the actuator would cause that problem. For the 12,343,341 time now this car needs a boost gauge probably more than any other turbo car ever.

For all we know he could have been spiking 15psi with no tune sliding sideways half the time 2 quarts low on oil... You have to be meticulous with every aspect of this car especially if its had several owners.

Quickly browsing this forum in the msp section in10 minutes you will become familiar with many of these lovely terms...LSD wga rods clunk maf relocate boost gauge fuelcut oil starvation turkey...

They can all be sorted through and be a damn sweet car with the right fixes precautions mods depending on how much fun you want to have and still drive home :)

you keep blowing motors....first and foremost the stock rods/pistons should not even be turbo. second, if you blew several motors you already spent enough to go forged and be done with blowing engines. you need to have a good tune and learn the car. you can't be pushing more than 6-7 psi on the stock engine. even 6-7 will throw a rod through the block if you drive it like an ass. just spend the 4k and get forged internals man then do what you like to it.

None of the issues you listed would suggest the FSDE is a weak or bad powerplant,they're all external to the engine itself.

Dammit, with your ninja post. I was just about to retract my statement, because I just remembered that I did read about smoking turbo issues on literally a couple of MS3's and CX7's. But either way, the MSP just didn't hold up as well to me. I guess its a hit or miss though. My MSP had over 100k on it by the time I got rid of it and was still on the stock LSD from what I could tell. But I did have a lot of issues with the coils, cracked manifold, motor mounts, vcts problems, and yes.....those awful intercooler tubes. I owned the car for over a year, put over $2k into regular maintenance to try and bring it back from near death, and it NEVER ran right. Sorry, I'm just bitter if you couldn't tell. I loved the car, but hated the maintenance nightmare.

there is nothing wrong with the fs-de minus the oiling system. the motor from the factory isnt built to handle 300+ horsepower. most engines aren't. that includes vw, audi, ford etc...you can't just slap a turbo (regardless of size), turn the boost up and expect it to run ok and be good to go.

there is nothing wrong with the fs-de minus the oiling system. the motor from the factory isnt built to handle 300+ horsepower. most engines aren't. that includes vw, audi, ford etc...you can't just slap a turbo (regardless of size), turn the boost up and expect it to run ok and be good to go.

you forgot honda.

Back