ENCO 6.2" Double Din Touchscreen Android 4.04 Headunit - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamui157

ENCO 6.2" Double Din Touchscreen Android 4.04 Headunit

Selling a 6.2" Double DIN Android 4.04 touchscreen headunit.

This unit was previously in my Mazda2 but I've since swapped out to a different unit. It is already prewired for Mazda vehicles 2002 and up.

Bought the headunit from china around December when they first started to appear on the market thinking it would solve ALL my infotainment needs. Turns out, MY needs are a lot higher than others so I've swapped out to a different headunit.

What's included:
6.2" Resistive touchscreen headunit
Mazda wiring harness (already wired)
Antenna adapter (already wired)
Wifi dongle
GPS receiver
iPod/iphone wires
Remote control
8GB microSD card loaded with navigation software.
also included OBD2 wifi ELM327 dongle
if fellow mazda 2 owner purchases, will include NEW dashkit, so this headunit is PLUG AND PLAY. No need to cut bracket behind dash either, it fits flush. (see below for pictures.)

Pros:
Easy to use interface
Region free DVD player
Video while moving is easily bypassed with settings menu
Microphone built into face of headunit so no need to run extra wires for a microphone when taking calls
Streaming Bluetooth A2DP for music and voice calling (basically any sound out of your phone should work)
Full android 4.04 "tablet" is built in and runs most android apps
I've preloaded TomTom 2012 and iGoPrimo that doesn't need to connect with servers for offline navigation
Android portion is rooted and GPS speed errors were fixed by me.

Restrictions:
Android portion is separate from headunit portion, primarily used for GPS navigation.
Android part easily plays most videos.
Cannot have Radio audio and android audio at the same time. Work around is to have mp3's/streaming Pandora (while tethered to hotspot) playing in android part while navigation is on.
There is no Bluetooth adapter connected to the android portion. Manufacturer said they're working on it, group on XDA is working to see if they can get it working as well.
Will not connect to WIFI OBD2 dongle because stock android does not support ADHOC connections. There is an XDA member that got this working but they never responded to my messages on getting mines working. I've tried a lot of flashes and I just can't seem to get it to work. If I got this working right, I would've kept the headunit.

If you're not super geeky and want to run torque / navi / radio and other stuff at the same time, this will probably meet all your needs as a major brand double din headunit would run 500 or above. Also you'll be limited to whatever navigation software is built in, where as this unit will run TomTom, iGoprimo, and other types of navigation software (tethered to hotspot for internet) of your choice.
The A2DP Bluetooth streaming is great, I actually miss this part as my current headunit doesn't support it.

So $375 shipped for everything in the US.
If you have a RX8, I also have a double din bezel for an extra $60.

List Date: 4/6/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: ENCO 6.2" Double Din Touchscreen Android 4.04 Headunit
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------
ga.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back