electrical smoke through vents...

Pez

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
OK so i've searched the forum and cant find any info on the. But my issue is when i turn on my fan (for ac or heater) after a few seconds smoke came out of the vents, and it smelled like electrical wires heating up. I haven't had a chance to look into it much yet but i'm guessing my blower motor is seized up and the switch is constantly pushing a load to it heating up the wires. By the way the fan doesnt work in any setting 1,2,3,4. So if anyone has had this issue before let me konw what your solution was so i don't have to play hide and seek with this for hours..

From your symptoms, sounds like the blower motor is gone. Possible it's just stuck with debris if you managed to get something in through the fresh air vent system, but most likely it's just the blower motor.

thats what i was suspecting. I'm going to grab my power probe when i leave work and go on days off and start troubleshooting. Since it seems like no one has ever ran into this issue or just doesn't have any input besides you, I'll post my findings and what i did to fix the issue.

Back