Electrical problem

Oxinatah

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey guys,

I was changing out some lights in my gauge cluster and after re-installing my gauge cluster my windows (except for driver side) won't work anymore, dome light doesn't work, stereo system doesn't work, the electric locks work but not with the remote, the tripometer resets every time I turn off the car.

I've re-checked the connection, changed the lights out to the originals, tested all fuses and am now completely worried that I might have to take it to a shop. Especially since the windows are stuck down.......

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ox

You had to have unplugged something or blown some fuses. Did you mess with the interior fuse box at all?

I only messed with the interior fuse box after the issue occurred. I picked up a fuse tester and tested the associated fuses which tested ok. I was also told it could be a bad grounding some where (not sure where or how as I was messing with plugs and not groudings..)

My friend thinks it could be the PCM. I have no idea. Any of you have any thoughts? Also any guides on how to deinstall/install a PCM?

Thanks,
Ox

:Update:

Windows are working, but since I tried unplugging and plugging the battery back in, the car alarm goes off continuously and since my keyless entry isn't working with the car right now I can't seem to get it to shut off!! I can get it to turn off for maybe 10-15 seconds, but than it will go off again.... Any suggestions?!

Thanks!

Did some more research and it sounds like my "room fuse" might be blown. However after checking both fuse box covers, I have no idea where the "room fuse" is located. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Ox

Did you try hitting the button on the alarm box under the dash above your pedals? That'll shut it off.
It's a PITA to get to, you'll have to get on your back and look up under the dash.

Well I found the Room Fuse and it was indeed toast. I replaced it and everything except for the stereo works. The problem I'm facing right now (my main concern) is that while the keyless remote turns off the alarm system, every time I open the door it triggers (even if unlocked) and I can't start the car. 0.o ugh!! lol any thoughts? And yes I tried that button but didn't really do anything -_- Is there a special sequence I'm supposed to follow to make the button work?

Thanks,
Ox

Back