EGR Valve not covered under warranty

Rogue

Red 5 Standing by
Contributor
:
2003 MSP
I was at the dealership today about my bulb blowing out again. While I was there I asked about the EGR Valve being covered under the emissions warranty. He said no. Only the cats and some other thing (can't remember) are covered. Then I said, "Well, doesn't it just recycle the exhaust back into the intake to lower the emissions?" and he replied "I'll have to check into that."

Can anyone confirm or deny wheter the EGR Valve is covered under the emissions warranty (80K mi).

Thanx,
(2thumbs)

it should be covered under warantee. the only things that are not covered i believe are light bulbs, belts and brake PADS. i am not sure about alternator. battery and tires are covered too under manufacturer warantee (prorated).

it is covered under the regular 50,000 mile warranty. But I'm passed that. I figured the EGR would be covered under the emission's 80,000 mile warranty.

ah, i see. not sure. you might want to visit some government sites that deal with environment such as epa... they might state what is supposed to be covered since the goverment mandates emissions and such.

also, you can send mazda a question through mymazda

I know it is covered as emissions for Hondas. I'm not sure if it's a federal mandate type of thing or voluntary though. I thought it was a federal mandate.

looks like you got a little longer use out of you EGR valve before it crapped out. usually they went between 30-40K. it should be covered under warranty. they are such a big problem that they are on national back-order.....don't let your dealer give you any trouble!

yeah, how do you know when your EGR goes out. I am 60k miles and i am fine.

you'll know........car runs awful, wants to/or will stall when you come to a stop. you in luck!!

Just had mine changed by the dealership...took 3 weeks to get it in...was covered under warranty, got a new clutch under warranty too. Anyways, i asked if the design was improved and they said no so it looks like it will prob break again in a year or two...

Steve89GTA said:
Just had mine changed by the dealership...took 3 weeks to get it in...was covered under warranty, got a new clutch under warranty too. Anyways, i asked if the design was improved and they said no so it looks like it will prob break again in a year or two...
i believe it was just a bad batch of EGR valves that could not be identified??? it affected 1 in 10 3'rd gen proteges. thats what my dealer told me at least.

Rogue Pro5 said:
I was at the dealership today about my bulb blowing out again. While I was there I asked about the EGR Valve being covered under the emissions warranty. He said no. Only the cats and some other thing (can't remember) are covered. Then I said, "Well, doesn't it just recycle the exhaust back into the intake to lower the emissions?" and he replied "I'll have to check into that."

Can anyone confirm or deny wheter the EGR Valve is covered under the emissions warranty (80K mi).

Thanx,
(2thumbs)

I just had mine replaced after a 3 month runaround...the guy who finally replaced it under warranty (3 years or 50K) thats five-0 not 80....

Back