EGR Discussion

I've been having stumbling at idle issues and threw the lean in bank one CEL so I thought it was the EGR...After cleaning it and still having the stumbling I've been thinking about just doing away with it all together. I just realized (after looking at how to unbolt the EGR piping from the exhaust mani to the intake mani) that I forgot to plug the EGR sensor plug back in??? I drove this way for a few days without throughing a cel??? Is this further proof that the EGR is the issue?? Since it ran the same way plugged in and not plugged in?? After disconnecting the battery and plugging both the battery and EGR back in I let her sit idle for awhile and it still stumbled at idle the same exact way.
For those that have blocked the EGR what did you do about the sensor?? and CEL??

i completely deleted mine, made a block off plate and havent had any issues whatsoever, the car makes better boost numbers and it also doesnt make inconsistent boost throughtout a pull, i think the egr is useless, and im in minnesota so i dont have to pass emissions but i dont think itd be much of a problem anyway

Do you throw a CEL?? what did you do about the sensor?? is it just hanging back there or did you do something with it?

well i have a 626 im with egr block on the turbo mani and a brether on the intake mani side, the only problem i have is when the motor still cold i can't rev it up. It feels like it chucks on something like gas, but once is like 5minutes into warming up it goes back to been a champ

Another bump.. I'm trying to block off my EGR holes, I've left my old EGR tube on since it's a b**** to get off, so I need to find out what size fitting will screw into the intake mani EGR tube hole. I already have a blockoff plate for my valve. I thought it was on here somewhere and now I can't find it.

Do you throw a CEL?? what did you do about the sensor?? is it just hanging back there or did you do something with it?

yeah i throw a cel, i had one of my buddies shops do it and it didnt seem that you could delete the egr and not throw a cel, and i have an OBD2 so i read it here and there to check up, and s*** my abs and e-brake lights are on so it illuminates the dash quite nicely =]

you know the EGR actually helps reduce engine internal and exhaust temperatures...
im not sure how much it would increase if u take it off but whats really the point of blocking it off? you gain nothing u lose nothing....

you know the EGR actually helps reduce engine internal and exhaust temperatures...
im not sure how much it would increase if u take it off but whats really the point of blocking it off? you gain nothing u lose nothing....

yes it does, only when cruising tho. and do you really want exhaust gases flowing back through your intake manifold, and past the intake valves? not to mention our EGRs have a history of clogging and malfuctions.

yeah i throw a cel, i had one of my buddies shops do it and it didnt seem that you could delete the egr and not throw a cel, and i have an OBD2 so i read it here and there to check up, and s*** my abs and e-brake lights are on so it illuminates the dash quite nicely =]

not unless you can fool the EGR boost sensor. i've been thinking of a way to fool the ecu into thinking the pressure change in the manifold is great enough

Back