EDM heated mirrors installed!

hey, you can buy just the glass too from a european dealer for 50 euros each :p

but anyhow, the increased visibility from the EDM mirrors means safer driving because the time you take your eyes off the road, time you take to look in the mirror, then the time you put your eyes back on the road is GREATLY REDUCED... furthermore, if you have to turn your head to check your blind spot every time rather than only <5% of the time with the EDM mirrors, that time you have your eyes off the road could also mean an accident... basically with the EDM mirrors, you can just quickly turn your eyes (will it may involve a tiny bit of head movement, but that's besides the point) glance at the mirror, and quickly and decisively make your lane change SAFELY... turning your eyes is definately quicker than turning your head! I KNOW how many near misses I've got into with all the cars I drove *in thick traffic* with FLAT driver's side mirrors, hell, I've even seen my dad get into that kind of s*** and I had to tell him to slam on the brakes... if you live in a big city, there will be those times when you *have* to negotiate thick traffic just to get out of bulls*** or just to get somewhere

furthermore, if you've had a previous injury that basically makes neck movement hurt, these will greatly benefit you!

just because something can "work fine" doesn't mean it can't be improved... aren't we all here because we want to tinker with our cars and UPGRADE to better things?

I think it is a great upgrade. The blind spot on the mazda 3 is a nightmare. You can hide 2 18 wheelers in my blindspot lol; yes it is that huge, especialy mergeing into some of the highways around here... i get used to it but you are right about the mirror; it would be more convenient and a lot safer.

well it turns out I can get the non-heated glass from japan pretty cheap... the BP4M-69-1G1 and BP4M-69-1G7 can be had for about 50 bucks... I don't think they are aspheric though, however they should be convex for both sides... it won't be as good as having an aspheric driver's side mirror, but it's a major improvement nonetheless to the USDM mirrors... so it's something to consider for the budget minded

also, interestingly, the australian mirrors are not the same as the UK ones... if the australian members can chime in and post pics of their's we can see what's different about them... maybe they have a different curvature in the glass or none at all?

perhaps they too can benefit from an EDM (UK) upgrade?

Back