ECU fuse

ukrkoz

We had some good engine work done, oil changed, and now new spark plugs. What I like doing thereafter, is to reset ECU(ECM?), so that it learns all the new data. Well, I popped fuse box cover, and actually could not see any writings saying ECM/ECU/Computer, and such

Pardon me me ignorance - but which one exactly is it for 08 Mazdaspeed?

We had some good engine work done, oil changed, and now new spark plugs. What I like doing thereafter, is to reset ECU(ECM?), so that it learns all the new data. Well, I popped fuse box cover, and actually could not see any writings saying ECM/ECU/Computer, and such

Pardon me me ignorance - but which one exactly is it for 08 Mazdaspeed?
All you need to do, is take off negative battery cable for about a minute and then put it back on. That will reset the ECM.

Yeah, I know, but it also wipes off all other settings. They actually tell you to pull fuse out, disconnect battery cables, and then touch negative to positive cable terminals, to erase residual charge in ECU. Simply pulling fuse out for about 15 minutes always worked for me best.

OK, got it:

10A fuse that's labeled engine b, it's in the fuse box just below the battery box under the hood. Right near the bottom left standing in front of the car IIRC

If you pop the neg cable off the battery just mash the brake, it'll drain what's in the system in a few seconds.

Glad you found it. We all just d/c the neg battery terminal and touch the brake pedal. It's not that hard to reprogram the radio presets, and it's usually a good idea to kill all power when doing anything in the engine bay anyway. I don't like anything live when I have the intercooler off.

Thank you. Just did it today. Pulled fuse out and mashed brake pedal. Did spark plugs yesterday. That was fun. I am still getting used to this particular design, all out cars, except Camry Hybrid, are g'ol conventional engines.

Back