ECG Performance Electronics O2 SIM/MIL Eliminator

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Guys, check this one out: http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~ecg/o2sim.htm

Pricey, but this is the one I plan on installing on my car due to these facts:

Unlike, most O2 simulators on the web that use a 555 timer, the O2Sim utilizes a RISC processor to exactly simulate the oxygen sensor outputs from the catalytic converter. This eliminates check engine light problems common with high flow catalytic convertors and test-pipes! The O2Sim computes various vehicle sensor parameters in real-time to mimic the oxygen sensor outputs. Limited availability. Made in USA.

why spend $50 for a O2 eliminator when you can buy one for $1. I have the good ole $1 mod and have had no problems with CEL.

-Alan

I remember seeing this one discussed before... not sure if it was this site, though.

MP3skaterNC said:
soldered inline off the signal line for the 2nd o2?

Yup.

Domino: All that's needed is a 1 mega ohm resistor. It can be had at any Radio Shack. Probably have to buy a package of them. I removed the 2nd 02 and soldered the resistor inline on the blue wire. This has been tested on my APEX downpipe and I have had no CEL's. I tested the resistance with a Snap-On OBD-II Scanner. It works plain and simple. Enjoy :)

-Alan

LinuxRacr said:
So all systems are ready when you test with the OBDII scanner?

I tested the range both before and after and all were within spec.

-Alan

ARunto said:
Yup.

Domino: All that's needed is a 1 mega ohm resistor. It can be had at any Radio Shack. Probably have to buy a package of them. I removed the 2nd 02 and soldered the resistor inline on the blue wire. This has been tested on my APEX downpipe and I have had no CEL's. I tested the resistance with a Snap-On OBD-II Scanner. It works plain and simple. Enjoy :)

-Alan

How many wires does the secondary O2 have? 2 or 4?

So you completely cut all of the wires and did nothing with them except for the blue wire?

Kooldino said:
How many wires does the secondary O2 have? 2 or 4?

So you completely cut all of the wires and did nothing with them except for the blue wire?

It's a 4-wire.

You only cut the blue wire and put the resistor inline.

-Alan

I did the same thing..I removed the 1st cat..and put in a 2.5" downpipe..

The CEL fix which alan is using..is what i used..no problems at all..No cel lights..AT ALL!

Haven't run a OBDII Scanner on it yet..

Chas

Back