Ebay turbo

They might make them in China and can afford to sell it for that.. however, you really don't know how long that will last.. could be two weeks.. or could be for a long time. There's risks, and you might as well pay a couple hundred more for one you know won't leave you stranded on the side of the highway.

Well, a bad turbo won't strand you - it'll just stop making boost.
You would have to have a pretty catastrophic failure (something that leaks oil) to take yo off the road.

That said, this is one of the cheap Chinese turbos and, having had a few pass through my hands, I can tell you that they are pretty shoddy.

lol ok man. so all of of the wonderful products ppl sell on ebay like the fake turbos, the bulls*** HID kits, the "chips", the bad intercoolers, the turbonator, bulls*** knock off blow off valves people sell as real, etc. dude the list goes on, there is so much garbage on ebay. ok, so you can buy pipes off of ebay...big deal. i would suggest staying away from it altogether.

again il say it, buying parts off of ebay is USUALLY a bad idea

some things you can get away from buying ebay parts. if you know what your buying, ebay can save you alot of money. its a nice source for resources.

True. I've assembled some really great systems from E-Bay parts.

some things you can get away from buying ebay parts. if you know what your buying, ebay can save you alot of money. its a nice source for resources.

to everyone their own, but ive seen first hand some "great" ebay products. the majority of ppl do not know what they are doing when modding their car. so advising them not to buy ebay products on their own is good advise IMO.

to everyone their own, but ive seen first hand some "great" ebay products. the majority of ppl do not know what they are doing when modding their car. so advising them not to buy ebay products on their own is good advise IMO.

yea thats true. but even if you dont have any experience with buying ebay stuff, you can still buy the quality stuff on ebay for cheap prices. you can buy the fidanza flywheel for $298.00. things like that is a good deal.

Not balanced. Poor tolerances in the bearings and clearances between the housings and wheels.
Cheap castings that crack. Cheap metals and alloys that fail.

Thanks for the answers. I was not going to buy it. As I have learned in the past you get what you pay for. I have to agree there is a lot of crap on ebay and also some great deals to be had to. Its depends on what your looking for and how much research you have done on what your buying.

Think of the damage that will occur when a piece of the weak compressor wheel breaks off and makes its way into your engine and bends one of your valves or mashes into the piston.

Back