Ebay SRI

MP5 Kyle

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys!

After having complete success with my side moldings I decided that another upgrade would have to be done...

So I went on Ebay and bought the cheapest SRI on there for the P5 that I could find(since I'm only buying the pipes then ill give it a nice K&N filter in a week or so.

I should have this package in about a week (July 11th) and I will hook er up and get a nice sound clip and maybe a video installation if anyone would like me to(let me know!).

So yeah, hopefully all goes well and it'll add the "5-15hp" advertised :p which is very doubtful.

Any questions, comments, hate comments for Ebay SRI, POST EM UP!

-Kyle

nothing wrong with the eBay SRI's. but heck, you can do the same thing with home depot and PVC piping :)
I put together an SRI on my old Talon from some scrap exhaust tubing from a shop a friend of mine works at. he even bent it for me :)
cost: whatever the cheapest coned filter from advanced was + a joiner for a vacuum line. maybe $10 total, and worked great.
on my old MX6, I bought an eBay SRI then attached a couple pieces of SS exhaust tubing to turn it into a CAI that I ran right behind the bumper cover, even stayed dry in the heaviest of t-storms we get here in SFL. (but I made sure not to drive through any heavy puddles, just to be safe)
that one worked really well, and I did notice an improvement in throttle response. much more than stock or with the SRI.

just make sure you get a good filter to replace the one that comes with it. ebay cone filters are notorious for disintegrating over time

just make sure you get a good filter to replace the one that comes with it. ebay cone filters are notorious for disintegrating over time

I definitely plan on it, because those filters look like complete garbage anyhow.

Also, I realize that I could have make it out of PVC, or had the tubes bent.. but why hassle, it was only 60$ shipped to my doorstep :p

maybe, but the pvc is less than $10, or it might be more now as I havent done that in a long time.
so maybe $20-$30, plus the fun of doing it ;)

I think the best one I ever made was for my 98 subi outback, I had so much fun putting that one together and running it into the fender... not really :)
but it did come out good and worked great too, but truly was a PitA to "build".

lol so this is why you never bought mine :p all good i suppose mine is off now and waiting for a buyer. if yours is the 3" piping it'll sound awesome when you give it gas you can hear it quite well, they work great for the price of them

lol so this is why you never bought mine :p all good i suppose mine is off now and waiting for a buyer. if yours is the 3" piping it'll sound awesome when you give it gas you can hear it quite well, they work great for the price of them

Yeah, sorry I didn't buy yours, its kind of a split deal with me and my brother, so he had me buy a new one and he put in half the cost. but im pretty sure its 3" piping, hopefully it will sound as good as yours would have.

Another thing you could have done is what I did and but the universal tube from autozone the bend it has is perfect for our cars. You do have to cut it a good bit though mine is still close to the radiator. I just got tired of messing with it I did notice a slight increase in power not much but noticible

Another thing you could have done is what I did and but the universal tube from autozone the bend it has is perfect for our cars. You do have to cut it a good bit though mine is still close to the radiator. I just got tired of messing with it I did notice a slight increase in power not much but noticible

thanks for the info, I may go that route if I cant get the piping from my friend who works at the muffler shop.

It sounds good imo I like it I need a new filter the radiator kinda melted part of it. Which tells me its gettin hot air runing rich and can get a lil more power :)

Back