eBay CX-5 Front and Rear Bumper / Chin Guard

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
Not a bad design, assuming it will fit well. I see this to be quite useful for those living in the city often street parking their cars (like myself). Comes in handy as idiot drivers that use the strategy of bumper kissing to parallel park their cars.

Comes with integrated bar type LED DRL's much like the OEM add on's available for the Euro CX-5 bumper. Though the metal stamped "CX-5" trim looks a bit tacky. Priced decently below $300 for both shipped, but fitment quality is unknown...

I have no association with sellers of this product or the manufacturer. Simply showing you guys what I discovered on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

If someone can be a guinea pig & buy this & install it.
The silver part on top of the front portion looks tacky & the LEDs are placed in a weird spot.
Also how are these attached? Double sided tape? I don't see any mounting points where these would attach to.

Good lord that upper chrome is ugly.

The underneath pieces look good though.

I am going to presume that the manufacturer of this guard is also the same that makes the stamped sheet metal door sill and hatch guards. With that said, I hope the damn upper chrome piece is just stuck on by double sided tape...

In one of the pictures, the upper metal piece is missing.. So it most likely is removable. I wouldn't mind double taping this with (GENUINE) 3M tape onto the bare plastic portions of my bumper. Had it been paint, it would be a different story. Our bumpers are made of a resin that consist of polypropylene and rubber, so it should hold well against adhesive residue.

Last edited:
Back