E-brake light issue

deadstock

I think i got the mod bug
I just noticed this today driving to work. Whenever I press harder on the brakes, my e-brake light comes on for a few seconds, and then turns off shortly after I let off the brakes. I don't feel even a slight difference in brake feel, nor is my hand brake up. What I notice as well is that when the light comes on, my drl don't turn off (drl turns off when hand brake is up normally). Does anyone have any idea what may cause the problem? I have not checked pad life recently though I'm sure the pads are still okay, and brakes have been bled about 2-3 months ago.

A quick read through your owners manual will tell you...

It's the low fluid level warning. Your pads need to be replaced soon. Top it off to stop the light, but be warned when your pads get changed you're gonna have way too much fluid in the system.

Thanks. I'll check fluid when I get the chance. Is there any reason why I'm losing fluid so quickly? I just bled the system recently and made sure bleed valves were shut properly

when you bled the breaks did you change the pads or calipers?cause you may need new pads if your fluid is low

the lower the brake pad gets, the further the piston pushes out, the more fluid is used. when the pistons are pushed in upon brake replacement the fluid usually returns to proper levels

the lower the brake pad gets, the further the piston pushes out, the more fluid is used. when the pistons are pushed in upon brake replacement the fluid usually returns to proper levels

Or in his case since he added some, it's gonna piss out the top all over the firewall and eat the paint off.

(yupnope)

Watch that level when you push the pistons back in!

Thanks. My mind was elsewhere reading your first post, so my bad for asking again haha. I forgot that's what happens when the pad gets thin. I guess it's just becasue it's never happened to me before. I'll get the pads replaced as soon as I can, especially because winter's here.

If that doesn't fix it - check your switch - it gets gunky down there ;) Hit it with contact cleaner.

Back