Dyno'd Ractive header.

Same here...wonder when I get my header back from the ceramic coating place. I also wonder how the cams/header combo will affect overrall performance. One way to find out! Stay tuned.

Sorry about that post. I disagree with you all, but kudos to blown for spending all the time to give us the information. I/We appreciate it.

I didn't see the graphs before, and now that I have, I'm kinda surprised. I think the only reason for the earlier peaks is the cam timing. Other than that, it looks awesome.

Last edited:
hey blown are you experiencing rubbing against the oil pan because I am and its bother the crap out of me everytime I come to a stop. Is this rubbing against the oilpan hurting my car in any way? As for the dyno it looks right, i feel the extra hp in the lower and midrange, but to think of it, I can hit over a 100 mph much faster than before. With this header you'll feel a pull in the lower and mid range portion of the band! -JJAy

Iluvmacs - Yeah, our stock cams/timing don't warrant a higher powerband.

Johnjay - I have no rubbing at all. There is at least .5" gap between the pan and the header.

Laser03pro said:
Damn i want these so they r a nice fit?
They are a nice fit man. So far, out of the 1st group buy of 5 people, no one has complained about the header I sold them. No rubbing, no exhaust leaks, fits pretty good and the welds are good for something less than 300 cdn.

FunkyBuddha said:
They are a nice fit man. So far, out of the 1st group buy of 5 people, no one has complained about the header I sold them. No rubbing, no exhaust leaks, fits pretty good and the welds are good for something less than 300 cdn.
I dunno about fit. Me and Em's (Pr5owner) rubs on the oil pan. It touches it pretty goo though, but if you kinda slip the clutch when the car is cold, it'll rattle like a muh-fucka. That's Ractive's fault though. They should have designed a bend around it. Meh. Overall, worth the money all the way. What do you expect for $200?
(hi)

Blown said:
As the title says I dyno'd it last night, the temperature was a lot colder and my car wasn't fully warmed up(numbers could be ~2-3whp lower). But:

Baseline: 114.4whp @ 5901rpm, 107.6ft-lbs @ 4041rpm
First run: 118.5whp @ 5648rpm, 116ft-lbs @ 3662rpm
Gains: 4.1whp & 8.4 ft-lbs

I can scan the dyno charts but I have no one to host them.
Nice gain good info :)

so with....

-HKS Hi Power exhaust
-HKS Super Mega Flow Filter
-HKS Circle Earth System
- Magnecor 8.5mm wires

114.4whp @ 5901rpm, 107.6ft-lbs @ 4041rpm

and thats comming from 99.xxhp stock wow! 14hp from an intake/exhaust thats actually kinda hard to believe

TheJackyl - Ractive has not yet released them into the US market. We can order them in Canada but it seems that production is about a month behind now. I know there is a groupbuy someone from the US is doing.

I think I heard a rattle this morning(briefly for about a second or two) but I know it could be caused by a couple of things.

well hes not dyno'n just the header, he dyno'd intake, exhaust, ground wires, blah blah blah blah blah, if it was just the header the hp/tq would probably be =, in most situations your other mods will complement the header and vise versa

Pimpprotege69 - Once you get rid of your stock cat, stock exhaust, stock header, and stock intake box you lose a lot of backpressure. Which means, more higher end HP but you lose torque.

PR5owner - There was a EX sedan withan axleback-exhaust/injen intake pulling 110-111whp that day. So, really, not so unbelievable.

that's a real friendly dyno then, i'd say. but whatever. the gains are still there regardless of what the dyno says. baseline and peak numbers may or may not be skewed, but the gains are still noticeable.

Back