DYNO'd my new DSM AFC!!!!!

subbed for good info, i have my dsm afc installed and want to do a dyno tune once i have my 3" downpipe installed. does anyone's idle dip real low when idling after installing the afc?

Yeah, sometimes my car dies. I`m gonna clean my EGR valve. Also, I think there is a thread or a bunch of posts somewhere about this.

sandspeed said:
subbed for good info, i have my dsm afc installed and want to do a dyno tune once i have my 3" downpipe installed. does anyone's idle dip real low when idling after installing the afc?

sandspeed said:

Well it could be your EGR but if you installed the AFC and then noticed the idle dip, I would check your splices and you vac line. Make sure you are still getting ~-22 in vac on your guage. My car does have an idle dip when I first start it and it is already warm. This would not be an EGR problem because usually the EGR would cause it to dip when it is cold... Atleast I would imagine that to be true.

yeah mine's fine, nver had an idle problem, running lean when it's below 78ish degrees, but idle's fine. check your wiring. (thumb)

I had my dsm installed and drove around for a week and everything was great. Then I installed the front awr (70) motor mount and no the idle constantly dips like crazy?

sandspeed said:
I had my dsm installed and drove around for a week and everything was great. Then I installed the front awr (70) motor mount and no the idle constantly dips like crazy?

Oh ok... ya definately a dirty EGR.

It should... Just look at the stains it left on the street in front of my house and you'll see all the crap that came out of that little thing. BTW, I did this right after Wilma and it's still there.

update: i stil have not cleaned my egr , but my car has been running pretty damn good lately. When I get back to florida I plan on installing my cold side intercooler pipe and to clean the egr as well. Then the full 3" goes on and then off to the dyno. I am going to see how much hp at stock boost and then tune at 7psi.
i roll raced my neighbor who has a integra type r(stock) and walked away quiker than i though i would. his car is pretty quick stock too

Last edited:
Back