Dyno pull results

Oh and yes my car saw the dyno ALOT when it was alive.... why....well cause honestly i wanted to see where my money was going and why i lost my wife over that car.......:D

Wait til next year..... i should about 500+whp on tap, auto, and suspension mods for LOW 10's if not 9's.....
Regardless of thread jack or your point. That svo is rare and quite a nifty piece. I am surprised you have the double rear wings. The Lincoln rotors are huge for the day. There was an excellent write up just recently in Hemmings Muscle Car magazine. A big breakthrough for the four cylindered Turbo in America. Oops I thead jacked too. Mazdaspeed #3 rules!

no offense justa4banger, but I can't help but notice that you came into the thread, posted your car and s*** and then when you read the dyno all you had to say was what everyone has been saying. kinda....unproductive? I am not trying to be a dick, I am just trying to figure out what the point was. On top of that, it seems like you didn't even read the graphs.

Well considering i couldn't see the original dyno's and even Bluemica said the files he made for me weren't the best , i couldn't read the dyno's all that well to begin with. I do believe the dyno operator made some mistakes with the way it was measuring power, as it does seem the graphs don't intersect at the correct point. what else is there to say......

the rest of this thread (Which you obviously didn't read) had people trying to compare different dyno's, and forgetting the real purpose of a dyno, and how to use it as a tool. Too many people get caught up on how big of dyno numbers they can get. In the end i have slapped down my share dyno queens.

i posted info on my SVO since someone asked to know what car i was referring too. Sorry if you don't like seeing another 2.3 performance car.

We're all MS3 owners here. Can't we all just get along?

(rofl)

I think I'm just 'over' the s***-shop. I AM going to go to another shop, I've been checking around town, then I'll be taking 'ericrapp's advice and once I have a second, REAL dyno, I'll go there with that armament and get some answers. Frankly I just think it will be fun to present them with info and watch the guy squirm and fumble for answers.

I'm an MS6 owner. Does that mean I don't have to get along? J/K

Anyway, I doubt you would ever get any satisfaction out of the original shop. I found an interesting article about dynanometers that really underscored the concept that several of us have hit upon: dynos can basically tell you whatever you want them to tell you. Their true purpose is to measure improvement. So, the key is to not worry about ego-stoking and just get a baseline, then use the same dyno to measure again after any mods and/or tuning. The article (wish I could find it) was particularly hard on Dynojet for using a proprietary formula to try to back into engine or crank hp (by basically guestimating driveline loss); so, yes Dynojet gives you high numbers, but you can't call that number wheel hp because it's not.

For me it was nice to know i was over the 400+ mark........especially after doing so many dyno pulls with my car, in such a short period of time. Doing this also showed me the pluses ad minus of certain cams and helped my partner tremendously for deciding on which cams to carrry and what certain cam combonations did what not.

For example, we found that just changing the one aspect of a already well performing/tested cam made bidd improvements. On one cam we made the intake duration smaller, this mde the cam a Bandit down in lower rpm (boost spooled 300 rpm sooner) and it could still hang on in the top end, yet take the original cam and give it more exhaust duration and it pretty much made the cam a dog lost power down low and gained nearly NOTHING up top.

Dyno's are a tool and you need to have a baseline and retest using the smae dyno over and over.

Oh.....last thing. I always get along with everyone, even if it seems like i'm bashing them or praising them. CHEERS............................ :D

I just really wanted the dyno to prove to myself my mods were worth the investment on paper. They supposedly made such and such hp which I know is all irrelevant if your butt isn't happy. When I pulled those low numbers I felt ripped off big time. As time passed I kept looking at my tq and though, you know, who cares if I dyno 125hp if I still have 320tq! But then I started wondering wtf was up with the shop's dyno. Now I know, and I am 'learned', and I won't be so unsavvy next time. I was also concerned with comments I've read about hitting 300whp and our cars near-inability to support much more than that without boom-boom. Now I know where I'm at, and I can probably get a FMIC and an exhaust still without worry, so long as I'm /done/ at that point. :)

Four banger isn't that an 87 with the wing option and the Lincoln discsl

Long story short....mines a 85. SVO's were only made from 84-86. they all came with the dual plane wing, unless they were an option delete...it was european designed car thus the dual wing.

Yes it came with factory lincoln disc and lincoln MK series control arms, infact the suspension is very different from normal stangs, thus the reason the handling was much better.

Most people, unless they got a few years on them, don't know what a SVO is or was...... Heck i didn't know till i ran one against my Chevelle and almost lost the race..... YEARS later i decided to get one and thus i have this pretty red one.

Pretty rare piece! I wanted to mention that a recent Hemmings Muscle Car magazine had a nifty write up a couple months back. Sorry to thread jack

Last edited:
Resurrecting an old thread - Was this ever resolved? I dynoed with MAD back in May and they couldn't give me a torque reading - said they were having issues with the RPM pickup - so the dyno was hp vs mph. I really wanted to know the torque, but since I've never really cared about dynos, always been a track rat, I didn't worry about it too much.

Would be interested to know if they were reading a little low even for a Dyno Dynamics.

Resurrecting an old thread - Was this ever resolved? I dynoed with MAD back in May and they couldn't give me a torque reading - said they were having issues with the RPM pickup - so the dyno was hp vs mph. I really wanted to know the torque, but since I've never really cared about dynos, always been a track rat, I didn't worry about it too much.

Would be interested to know if they were reading a little low even for a Dyno Dynamics.

Resolution was basically their dyno formula is a POS or the settings were off because the guy running the computer that day was a dipsh!t. Pulled the WHP numbers out of my TQ numbers by using the standard formulas.

Resolution was basically their dyno formula is a POS or the settings were off because the guy running the computer that day was a dipsh!t. Pulled the WHP numbers out of my TQ numbers by using the standard formulas.

Isn't that how its done most of the time? Well I mean its calculated like that in the computer.

hey.. i recently was disapointed by a dynodymanics dyno aswell.. i dynod 155whp/158 wtq on that dyno.. im 2.3 NA though.... but on dynojet i know i would see way higher numbers...
so chin up man :) ur doing alright

Back