In this months issue of Turbo & High-Tech Performance

Very interesting article.

Mods
ION CAI - Worked good in conjunction with the FMIC
---made more power and added an aggressive intake sound under full boost
ION FMIC - bumped power to 160 WHP
ION Street Spec Turbo-Back Exhaust
Power
With additional straight-forward bolt-ons and a boost controller - added 61 at wheel HP. A piggy back tuning will allow 15PSI.

Tourque
On the tourque side of the power equation they generated a gain of 46.9LB-ft of tourque at peak.

Overall the car weas dyno test and produce reading at
191WHP at 7.36PSI
210.2WHP at 8.82PSI
219.3 at 10.29PSI.
225 at 11.76PSI

Extending the graph the run showed that they were on a 242-WHP Pass

Good article

Would have typed more but teacher took the magazine muhahah

Last edited:
Wonder how long they had to wait for the parts...and how much ION paid to get the mag to use them..

Mike R<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1241292", true); </SCRIPT> - FYI; Turbo Magazine came to us requesting our parts. We did not pay for anything; as these are technical review articles and not an ad.

haha, good article to read... i wonder if the S pipe really holds back that much power....

Hey iON I had a feeling you guys might be on the forum, very good article, and amazing car, You wanna do mine hehehe =).

yanyan - You have to remember the gains are with with a 3" hi-flow cat; if it were totally catless you'll see even more power ;)

Giallou P5 - Not bad for just "bolt-ons" :) it's too bad their car there hit fuel cut at 0.8bar. It's also too bad they didn't have some 93-94 octane fuel there!

Oh nice... the thing is... i want power from my exhaust system... i jsut hate it sooo loud!!!!! i heard the apex exhaust with 3in catless dp... it was ******* LOUD!!! i have an apex downpipe 3in.. catless.... but i dont want that exhaust, its way too loud...i gotta find a nice one thats quiet.

yanyan said:
Oh nice... the thing is... i want power from my exhaust system... i jsut hate it sooo loud!!!!! i heard the apex exhaust with 3in catless dp... it was ******* LOUD!!! i have an apex downpipe 3in.. catless.... but i dont want that exhaust, its way too loud...i gotta find a nice one thats quiet.
Just add a resonator.

would a resonator really quiet it down that much??? to the point where its almost stock like??? and doesn't it restrict power too?

yanyan said:
would a resonator really quiet it down that much??? to the point where its almost stock like??? and doesn't it restrict power too?
I have the 3" Apex catless DP and the 3" Apex catback exhaust and u r right, It is loud as hell. But its a deep sound so its not so bad. The power gains from it far out weigh the noise IMO. plus its really ony super loud under full boost. but hey, I hit full spool at around 2500 to 2800 rpms! I have thought about having a resonater cut and welded into the pipe to quiet it down a bit. As long as the I.D. of the resonater is at least the same size as the I.D. of the pipe u put it in, then it will not restrict anything. In order for me to get 3" I.D. out of a resonater it would have to be about 5" to 5.5" O.D. min. so plan the placement well befor u cut.

Back