DVD Player Volume vs Stereo Volume

Luisp

:
2008 CV9 Grand Touring 2WD
Hi,

New Owner/First Time Post.

2008 CX 9 GT with factory nav and factory bose Stereo overhead DVD player.

The volume on the stereo is much louder than the volume on the factory installed DVD player.

It's driving me bonkers every time I drop the child off at daycare and switch to FM only to have the volume on so high when compared to what the DVD player was set at.

Any advise on how to regulate or adjust besides just turning the volume back down for the stereo and then back up for the DVD?

Thanks

Lou

Last edited:
Is there any way to set valume on the overhead DvD player?

Nope, checked all the DVD menu features on the actual DVD screen. Just has balance left right and brightness etc. nothing for volume =(.

When I look at the nav screen volume. Its shows 11 when the DVD is playing and the same 11 when the fm radio plays. When I turn the volume up, I see the digits move up 12,13,14 ect or downward too. It just seems like the output of sound on the DVD is no where near as loud as the radio.

My 2011 does the same thing. But then again my 2006 Camary also does the same thing.

Hi,

New Owner/First Time Post.

2008 CX 9 GT with factory nav and factory bose Stereo overhead DVD player.

The volume on the stereo is much louder than the volume on the factory installed DVD player.

It's driving me bonkers every time I drop the child off at daycare and switch to FM only to have the volume on so high when compared to what the DVD player was set at.

Any advise on how to regulate or adjust besides just turning the volume back down for the stereo and then back up for the DVD?

Thanks

Lou

Not knowing your setup makes it a little hard, but, mine has an AV control that increases the radio volume when the noise level picks up. (it may work with the CD player also) but I wonder if you have an AV control if you set it at zero and see if that balances the volume between the DVD and the FM. Just kind of a wild guess. I also wonder if the passenger watching the DVD has the volume control back there turned way down, or partially muted.

Back