DVD? No! CDS? Yes!

Infymus

:
CX9, Mazda 3
Just a word of caution for those of you with the DVD navigation system. This nav does *NOT* and I repeat *NOT* use DVD burning as a reader. You have to use CD format. So the most you can get on a CD is about 675k, rather than the 4.77g you can get on a DVD.

Today I burned different formats of DVD, non finalized and finalized and found that the CX7 could read *nothing* else than a finalized CD project.

While that is quite a few files, you'd think a DVD nav system could read a DVD disk - but alas, it cannot.

Awh shucks.

"675k should be enough for anyone"... LOL.

Don't waste your DVD disks on this car. Just burn what you can with the CD.

The CD portion works great - especially if you have your mp3's in appropriate folders - the nav player will go into those directories and play the music, and move to the *next* folder when it is finished. That is very nice because you don't have to burn say all your albums into the root folder.

I am a U2 and Depeche Mode fan - and burned all my CD's into mp3s. All of U2 fits nicely on a CD and the CX7 nav system will play it just fine.

Just don't use DVD at this time.

Someday technology will catch up with....... wait for it........... Technology!

why is this such a surprise? most audio systems with dvd discs wont read dvd audio and/or recognize a burned one.

mikey1981 said:
why is this such a surprise? most audio systems with dvd discs wont read dvd audio and/or recognize a burned one.

Yes, but not only will it not read DVD-audio, it won't read mp3s burned onto a dvd disk as well. All of the DVD navi systems I've seen had a separate drive for the map disc, so I'm not surprised that it can only read CDs.

It's just too bad that it is a DVD Nav system. Would be nice to have that much room for MP3s.

Infymus said:
Just a word of caution for those of you with the DVD navigation system. This nav does *NOT* and I repeat *NOT* use DVD burning as a reader. You have to use CD format. So the most you can get on a CD is about 675k, rather than the 4.77g you can get on a DVD.
QUOTE]

Thats because the DVD player is under the seat, not in the dash cd changer

lancekik said:

Si si, this is correct. The in-dash 6 CD-Changer is just that... a CD Changer.

lancekik said:
Infymus said:
QUOTE]

I never got to see the Mazda Dealership put my DVD Nav in, it goes in under the seat eh?

/me goes outside to look under his seat.

Back