Driving Impressions and Results

Teresa and I got a MSM last weekend, and had a chance to autox a well broken in example for fun runs Sunday. It ROCKS!!!!!! The balance was great, the power MORE than adequate, and the car was even more fun than the MSP... I might be moving up to BS soon...

We ran the MSP for competition runs, with my best friend visiting and attending his first ever autox. He did great, to Teresa's annoyance, since he beat her by about 2 sec...

I had another great weekend: Won DS over Per Schroeder (in the SRT-4 that Mark Daddio drove at Nationals this year) by TWO SECONDS!!!!!, 4th quick RAW time, and #1 PAX by over one FULL second, AFTER the index....

It was a good time... The three cars that beat me in raw time were a CSP Miata, SM2 turbo Miata and a BS 911...

When I get around to it, I'll get some video up... We got a new wide angle lens, and we set it up to show both the course and the driver...

On an unrelated note, I had one of my rims crack last week, so I got new rims and tires for the street: Kumho Ecsta MXs in 215/45-17 and 17x7 Kosei T-1S rims. The rims weigh something like 14lbs each, so they might become the new race wheels and the Pro Race-1s road wheels. They do look nice, though... I'll have to take a photo... and yes.... the Koseis are DS legal (+50mm offset)!!!!

Don't give up on the MSP! You're staying is DS, dammit! (Although I permit STX or DSP ;)). Tom's kinda given up on his STX project :(. But yeah, MSM's are badass, as are the new wheels (I love those kosei's). I'd say you're doing alright when it comes to cool toys! Glad to have you back.

I really can't wait to see the video, please please please post it up!

~brian

Hey, hey, way to go! Way to spank Per in the SRT-4! Even Daddio couldn't make the SRT-4 handle at Nationals...only 5th in DS (Per was 21st, IIRC). And way to make that MSP fly! Winning Pax by over a full second is deeply gratifying.

Checked the Kosei K-1 TS wheels at TireRack and I only see +42 offset!!?? How'd you get +50? Special order? Same price? That's a great wheel, nice and light, and it looks pretty strong, too. Let us know how they work out.

I didn't give up on STX as much as my wallet gave up on me. I still think the car can be competitive in STX. I just don't have anywhere near the money to keep doing it... or race at all for that matter... or eat good solid meals everyday.... or get that replacement hip I've been eyeing.

KC got an 8 eh? Sweet.

Scap, you better use that damn website of I'm going to put a Tony Danza fan site up in its place and claim you did it. Can't wait to see the videos.

MSP Pro said:
Hey, hey, way to go! Way to spank Per in the SRT-4! Even Daddio couldn't make the SRT-4 handle at Nationals...only 5th in DS (Per was 21st, IIRC). And way to make that MSP fly! Winning Pax by over a full second is deeply gratifying.

Checked the Kosei K-1 TS wheels at TireRack and I only see +42 offset!!?? How'd you get +50? Special order? Same price? That's a great wheel, nice and light, and it looks pretty strong, too. Let us know how they work out.
Yea, you have to order then via the phone. I've emailed them about it since like you said they list the +42, but do carry the +50(same price). The sad thing is I'm getting light ass Koseis for the street and using the RH's for autoX lol

Congrats scapamouche! Brings a tear of joy to my eye.

i need to get back on a course......i feel ya distant...school has crunched my $$$$ to dust and i have no money to get new tires...let alone be competitive in local autox events

Just watched the video, holy s*** that was a nice run... Got anymore videos? What camera mounting system are you using? That was perfect camera placement.

~brian

I use a Hama suction cup mount attached to the passenger side rear window. I also remove the pass side headrest, so no passengers on hot runs...

Lots of other vids, but none immediately available. Because my webmaster ( ;) ) hasn't hooked me up yet...

Whatchyu talking about Andy? You got the password, you got the username... I showed you how to link them. What else do you need you crazy seaman!

email me at distanttea@hotmail.com if you need more info about how to use the site.

Good run btw... looks like you were pushing a bit too much in those corner entries though. I can't comment too much though since I haven't races in months.

I was pushing hard, but the car was taking it... I wasn't scrubbing off as much speed as it sounds... I DID cord the tires on my last run, but it's been coming.... just happened to be at the end of the last run...

Back