Driver side seat issue

It has nothing to do with overlap or hang in my case. I am short 5' 4" so my seat it moved up more than most I would guess. Because of the height of the car as well as the seat being push forward I turn my left leg sooner than my right leg and kind of stretch my left leg to reach the ground (trying to avoid putting additional scratches on the sill until I put my sill plates on when it is warmer out). Reaching for the ground with my left leg I notice my left upper back leg touches the button slightly which in my case moves the seat if there is pressure on the top of the button. So it comes down to pretty much sliding out of the seat and rubbing my upper back thigh on the button.

Maybe the leather seats in the GT are constructed with softer bolsters. I've tried to actuate the seat switch with my thigh by using all kinds of contortions and I did finally manage by moving the seat all the way forward and sitting half on my butt while stretching my leg on the ground and leaning back into the car on my butt while simultaneously making a sliding motion with my thigh pressing inward against the control for the seat back angle. But it was quite awkward and only worked if I relaxed my thigh muscle so it would conform around the control lever and also the seat cushion bolster.

If I had this issue i would change the way I exited the vehicle so as to avoid rubbing against on the control switch for the seat back angle. Using your current method, I would be wary of wearing out the seat bolster by exiting in such a manner. If a physical handicap prevents exiting in any other way, I would look into removing the plastic cover of the seat back controller to give your thigh less purchase on the switch lever. Alternatively, you could affix a thigh bumper around the switch area so the switch is protected from the way you slide up against the side of the seat.

There is a solution for every problem but everyone is different so the solution will vary depending upon your particular needs.

There is a TSB for manual seats lowering after some time.
When I get home I can get the complete TSB info for you guys.

Here's a new TSB April 17, 2013, regarding NON POWERED SEATS lowering after some time.
Parts have to be replaced.

TSB is in picture format, click to view
TSB # 0901013
Page 1: Seat1.jpg
Page 2: Seat2.jpg

Interesting you bring this up. I have noticed this issue too, that the seat settings are "resetting" themselves from time to time. I know for a fact that nobody is playing with my buttons because I am the only one driving this car. I am 5'7 and 135 lbs so I don't know if I could possibly move the levers over time.

In the winter, when I had my iPod plugged in, I noticed that memory sometimes worked and sometimes not -- meaning sometimes it saved the song it played and would start from that point, and sometimes it would just go to top of the entire song list and start over. A bit annoying but I just didn't want to deal with it.

So long story short, I thought it was the same issue with the seat -- that the "memory" would get lost and the seat was moved. I have the automatic seats in my Touring. It hasn't happened in a while though, maybe because the weather has been warmer?

It has nothing to do with overlap or hang in my case. I am short 5' 4" so my seat it moved up more than most I would guess. Because of the height of the car as well as the seat being push forward I turn my left leg sooner than my right leg and kind of stretch my left leg to reach the ground (trying to avoid putting additional scratches on the sill until I put my sill plates on when it is warmer out). Reaching for the ground with my left leg I notice my left upper back leg touches the button slightly which in my case moves the seat if there is pressure on the top of the button. So it comes down to pretty much sliding out of the seat and rubbing my upper back thigh on the button. It really freaked me out when I was coming home on my street and I saw a low flying bald eagle (which we see often here) and I pulled over and opened my door with feet touching the ground but leaning on the seat. I tried to take the picture of eagle but he was too fast and too far away for my Samsung Galaxy 3. When I went to got back in my seat the seat was totally reclined back which really freaked me out cause I didn't know what was happening to me (rolleyes).
ah that makes sense then, didn't think of that way

I have this issue as well.

I'm the only person that drives my car and I noticed that it reclines back and I have to readjust it again. This is happening on a 2014 CX-5 Touring with powered driver seats.

I guess I'll bring it up with the dealer on my first oil change next month. It doesn't look like it is getting resolved though.

Ste92ve....great idea! I might have to find something like that.

The problem is that I notices on other cars that lever is toward the front of the seat where the edge of the seat protects is more. Being that my seat is moved forward (me being short) I tend to slide out more where there is no edge on the seat and the button is right below that area. If they moved it up toward the front a few inches I am guessing this might go away.

Back