Drive By Wire

:
Either a Mazda 3 or Mazda 6
I could not find the this information on the Mazda website (Canada). Just like to know if the Mazda 3 uses "drive by wire" technology or the cable system?

your stuck at idle. However there are like 3 back up systems that it can use if needed.

BlkZoomZoom said:
your stuck at idle. However there are like 3 back up systems that it can use if needed.
3 backup systems?
for the electronic throtle body?

I think if it fails, it fails, and your stuck at idle until you replace the defective part!

It would be very unlikely that it would get stuck at anything other than closed (idle), but I do think it's possible.

this systym is a drive by wire setup that uses a electronic sensor on you pedal that will send a signal that moves a module wire that acts like a throttle cable.... if this system fails the U.S. government and most of the automotive companis have installed a safe system (mostly a hydrualic system) so let youstill use whatever was being used electronicly.... mazdas, BMW's, audi's, and a few others do this since the companies are using more of these systems..

so wait this is throttle by wire no? drive by wire is when you don't have a steering colum. (its late and i can't spell that for some reason)

Well, is there a way to make it so it uses the other system? Becuz, I think that switching to a actual CABLE TB would make this car a lot more dirveable in my book. Less l;ag from pedal to engine. I'm jsut soo used to having a cable, and having the ability to slow the car down dramatiocally with just lettin up on gas. In this car, i have to brake to slow the car down at all!

IllBinfrontofya said:
Well, is there a way to make it so it uses the other system? Becuz, I think that switching to a actual CABLE TB would make this car a lot more dirveable in my book. Less l;ag from pedal to engine. I'm jsut soo used to having a cable, and having the ability to slow the car down dramatiocally with just lettin up on gas. In this car, i have to brake to slow the car down at all!

I know what you mean... my turbo tiburon with a 68mm bbtb was nice and tight pedal didn't want to move.... I am trying to figure it out right now and when I do trust me I would post it up... problem is tricking the computer about the throttle body..

The only problem i foresee with switching to the cable, is that there is still NO CABLE!! That piece is STILL moved by the electrical parts. There is no cable between the pedal and TB, so how would switching it really help? You are still dealing with an electric pedal. Now, if we could run a different TB itself, and run an actual cable through the firewall, then we got something!

There is nothing wrong with the drive-by-wire TB we have. It is a very good and responsive set-up. There is not lag. There is throttle tip-in which has a slight delay in the throttle, but that has nothing to do with the throtle body.

Trying to change from a drive-by-wire TB to a cable TB would be very expensive and hard to do.
There have been a few in the VW world to do it. And they have all said it was not worth it.

What we do need is a larger TB.

The only thing I hate

Is in 1st gear, from a roll, (MT) if you were going from a say 5 mph roll and then stomp it, it'll start to rev, then hessitate, and then totally open up. Other than that, the system is pretty good... we have it better than the Mz 6s's with A/T's... talk about thrttle lag.

The Euro Mazda3 uses a cable TB. If you're that dedicated to doing it, the parts are available.
The software is another issue entirely...

funnylittlman said:
Is in 1st gear, from a roll, (MT) if you were going from a say 5 mph roll and then stomp it, it'll start to rev, then hessitate, and then totally open up. Other than that, the system is pretty good... we have it better than the Mz 6s's with A/T's... talk about thrttle lag.

just so you know that hesitationisn't the electric tb it's actually the cvt kicking in....

^ vvt. cvt is continuisly variable transmission. vvt is variable valve timing. just thought i'd correct you as not to confuse anyone.

Latest posts

Back