Dragon Vs Secret Weapon Vs Simota

Khemraj

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Ok so i was browsing around on here and the internet and i came across different types of intakes that caught my attention. So far i've been drawn towards the 3 that are mentioned in the title of the thread. I know there's a price difference between them and i've also noticed on protegegarage.com that they only have the secret weapon for the 1.6L and not the 2.0L but they have the other 2 that will fit my car and the price is lower too. I've been leaning towards the more expensive out of the 3, the Secret Weapon probably because, well like most noobs to these things, it's expensive. I can get it for a little bit over $200 n some change on another website. Am i making the right move? What are your opinions on those 3 intakes?

Ok so i was browsing around on here and the internet and i came across different types of intakes that caught my attention. So far i've been drawn towards the 3 that are mentioned in the title of the thread. I know there's a price difference between them and i've also noticed on protegegarage.com that they only have the secret weapon for the 1.6L and not the 2.0L but they have the other 2 that will fit my car and the price is lower too. I've been leaning towards the more expensive out of the 3, the Secret Weapon probably because, well like most noobs to these things, it's expensive. I can get it for a little bit over $200 n some change on another website. Am i making the right move? What are your opinions on those 3 intakes?

what type of intake? SRI or CAI?

i think i'm going to go with the Secret Weapon...i can get it at JC Whitney for $175.98...not too bad...

i woudlnt waste your money. try to find a used one on the forum. i would never pay over a hundred for an intake on these cars. cost isnt justified for the performance "gains". use it to buy a header or something. much more bang for your buck.

I agree. Start a WTB thread in the f/s section and wait a little bit.

I bought an AEM CAI for $50 used off of a member and later picked up an AEM SRI for $65 (shipped).

werd thanks...so does it matter how used it is? or a used one will still perform as it should?

werd thanks...so does it matter how used it is? or a used one will still perform as it should?

depending on the couplers and the filter those might need to be replaced. but other than that maybe just a new filter. piping should be fine. hell you can buy your own piping and couplers at autozone and just get a better filter than what they have there.

Back