DownPipe for the CX-7

Based on the gains that the mazdaspeed folks are reporting from this mod, it is possible...

Hey Stretch,
I got my QuickPower Pipe installed today. Wow. I need to get a dashawk and see what the numbers look like but the turbo spools up soooo quick and the cx takes off. I have gone as far as I can go without a tune to the ECU. If someone comes out with a tune so I can run the ETS intercooler that would be awesome but I have this thing dialed in pretty good.

On another note, I know you have been running the blue spring in your Forge BPV and so have I but I started getting a flutter more and more at low RPM's so I changed back to the yellow and the flutter is gone. I read where the flutter is caused by the pressure in the line going back into the turbo the wrong way if the spring is too tight and the BPV can't open to recirculate the air. Have you been getting a flutter with the blue spring? Also, have you compared boost numbers with the blue v. the yellow spring?

No, I haven't encountered any flutter on my BPV yet, but I could see how that could happen. If the yellow spring works better in your situation, go for it! It has been a while since I had the yellow spring in but if I remember correctly, I gained a couple of psi from that change!

And yes, the mid-pipe was a significant improvement! The first time I drove after installing it, what used to be normal pedal pressure suddenly lurched the car forward! It took me a couple of blocks to readjust, so I wasn't constantly ripping around!

I about to purchase one, 20 hp sounds iffy but i hope its true...

Did you get the downpipe installed? Let us know how that mod is working on your cx. Also, what other mods do you have? It's always good to know what combinations are working for people.

Installed my corksport downpipe yesterday took about 5 hours, was a huge pain the in ass... Installing it requires you to remove one catalytic converter...that pissed me off but in the end good performance upgrade. It pulls real well throughout all the gears and the dead rpms are pretty much gone

Grantman,

So, you now have a downpipe without the first cat and a midpipe without the second cat, correct?
What do you have for a muffler....stock?
Your car must be fast as heck!

Grantman,

So, you now have a downpipe without the first cat and a midpipe without the second cat, correct?
What do you have for a muffler....stock?
Your car must be fast as heck!

I only lost the first cat I still have the second. The midpipe is still stock with a cat on it and there is pretty much no sound difference but you can feel way more power, and I do have the stock muffler...for now lol. Apparently the first cat is only for start up emissions in cali psh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back