Double Din Receivers

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
Panasonic B-flat Tube CQ-TX5500D is the world's first car receiver with a built-in vacuum tube
f_panasonic_cqtx5500d.jpg

Sony WX-7700MDX MiniDisc,CD Changer Control and Player
f_sony_wx7700mdx.jpg

Alpine MDA-W915J CD,MP3,WMA,NetMD receiver
f_alpine_mdaw915j.jpg

Sony WX-5900MD MD,CD Player
f_sony_wx5900md.jpg

LOL a tube car HU when it is -30 here it would take forever to warm up

dont get me wrong tube is cool but for a car i have to question it

a bit off topic, but wasnt there a pc motherboard that had a built in tube preamp a few years back?

a good use of double din would be to add a hard drive so you can store all your mp3's and videos right on the unit

hard drives are so cheap these days adding a 20-40gig wouldnt(or shouldnt) raise the cost too much

my clarion has a built in 128mb of memory but that only holds 30-40 songs and they have to be ripped from the original

well, in general, the theory of tubes is to "warm" up a cold digital signal. essentially, it's a way of turning the choppy cd-ness into something more smooth, and wax-like. FUnny how it works, but done right the end results are indeed worthwhile.. Of course htis all applies to the home audio world. I've yet to be seriously impressed with any tube-amp 12v application. Even the 75x4 Butler tube amps have never really choked my chikken.

Eitherway, Iv'e really seen nothing but pictures, and definately haven't heard one, so I'll reserve full judgement, leave it at the thing looks damn cool, I mean hell, we've all been wanting flux capaciters in our cars since the 80's right? this isn't all that far from it... My one hangup isthat since it's got 4channel output, why is there only ONE tube???

NoRotor said:
a good use of double din would be to add a hard drive so you can store all your mp3's and videos right on the unit

hard drives are so cheap these days adding a 20-40gig wouldnt(or shouldnt) raise the cost too much

my clarion has a built in 128mb of memory but that only holds 30-40 songs and they have to be ripped from the original

Eclipse does exactly that. matter of fact you can now get it tied in with their AVN, 30gb harddrive, full nav, on-the-fly disc ripping, etc.... This year they even upped the pre-outs to a respectable 5v... now if only we all hade $2+g for a damn headunit...

I think I would need to take an air traffic control course to manage that Sony unit.

That Alpine unit looks like it would match the P5 interior pretty well... very few aftermarket HUs do!

That alpine looks like it would be the s*** in a p5! Except for that worthless MD player, (at least thats what it looks like). How much $$?

I'd also like the kenwood double-din lcd, but $1500 is out of hand for me. I can get a 55" tv for that much moolah. DAMN! Mortgages are a b****.

What about this one from Kenwood:
DDX7015
2-DIN In-Dash 6.5" Monitor DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver

If your big into movies, check this out: Connect the optional KDS-P901 DSP/Surround Sound Decoder to the DDX7105's digital output for a total 5.1-channel experience, complete with Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound decoding.
im-ddx-7015-lrg-2004-kusa.jpg

I know where a center channel goes. Where the hell would you mount the thing? On top of the dashboard? I would also imagine getting the correct placement for the other channels would be a b**** too.

Back