Door Panel Removal

jessed

I have a rattle in my back left door panel. How do I take the door panel off? I've located all the screws on each end of the door but it still doesn't want to come off. please help.

have to take the handle off in the middle,, but carfully there is a clip on the front of the handle that will snap,,, then theres 2 screws under that

this is based off of memory -

There are 2 plastic tabs on the side of the door, where the latch is.
There is another plastic tab on the opposite side, closest to the car by the hinge
There is a screw inside the door handle.

Then the hardest part is getting the handle off. you have to really really pull hard. Use a screw driver to try and get under the handle.

Then there are 2 screws inside that handle.

Once all removed, you will just want to make sure all the plastic tabs around the door come off.

It isn;t the whole handle that comes off either. It is just the differently textured part. If you look up under the handle towards the rear of the car there is a place to stuck a flat screw driver up and push on the clip. Then you have to pry the cover off the handle. It is a major pain. One of mine came off really easily, but the other took me a long time and my fingers were sore for a couple of days. Once that is off, you can unscrew the remaining screws and the panel comes off fairly easily.

Or even better, use the PDF located here: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=871366&postcount=11

I think it is what I used as a guide.

It's really easy once you figure out how the handle comes apart, it literally pops together in two pieces.

Thanks a lot! Got it taken care of but through the process I found out that 2 of the tabs on the end of the door were missing. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacements?

Make sure the white round door panel connectors aren't stuck in the door itself. Often the circular white plastic pieces pull off of the door panel and stay in the door. Just pry them out of the door and slide them back into the door panel in the appropriate spots

Back