Dont ignore the small stuff :(

CHIQLES

Contributor
:
mazdaspeed protege #0403
Last night my car got broken into and it was my fault for not fixing the small door switch that got caught on my pant leg this last week. This is what im talking about.
so just a heads up think about whats in your car. take out what you dont need and dont leave anything that is alluring to people.
So what did they take from me.
They took my change box, rim key, extra house key possibly since i cant find it. And as far as paper work I cant tell yet. What made them break into my car? they saw a box in my back seat. It was closed but it contained about 8 vdo gauges that i just sold on ebay and where ready to get shipped. so im out some money there. fkn idiot am i(mad)

what goes around comes around! just consider it a learning experience, I know owning my msp taught me to not rush down a closing lane during rush hour traffic! haha

but in all seriousness.. sorry for your loss man

Yea, Sorry to hear about that, I need to clean out my car. Got lots of parts that I never get around to install. It would suck to lose all of it for some guy looking to make a quick buck.

Yea, Sorry to hear about that, I need to clean out my car. Got lots of parts that I never get around to install. It would suck to lose all of it for some guy looking to make a quick buck.

same here for me, but at least only plus is my cars locked up at my jobs private lot. i think a thief would much rather steal a brand new Q50 than my msp.... lol

I step on that switch about half the times i get out of my car...
...my buddy keeps his car unlocked so if people want to break in they don't actually break anything, and once they're in they don't find anything. I won't be doing that anytime soon though, but i do have quite a few goodies in my car. My favorite is a GPS from 2009 or 2007- it's ancient, worthless, and better than any GPS i've had after it but it's a *bit fried at the moment.

I also keep the inside of my car looking like crap and there's plenty of old food/garbage in there- maybe that's a good turn off for people looking for something valuable...

I keep my car unlocked at all times with nothing in it. This way people can just look inside if they want and realize it before smashing a window.

I used to work in Downtown Portland in a somewhat sketchy area for about 3 years. Had several co-workers who got broken into and always were surprised "I mean, why would they break in? All they got was my backpack full of sweaty gym clothes".

The key is this, someone looking to break in can't tell if your backpack has a $1500 Macbook in it, a $500 Smartphone, or just your PB and J.

Don't leave anything in your car.

OP: sorry about your loss. Thanks for sharing your warning.

Back