Does the Vivid Yellow attract birds to perch on the car?....

mah p5

Hey, I'm just curious, does the Yellow color attract birds? I just washed the car today and noticed a lot of these scratches here and there on the roof and hood of the car. They came out with a bit of scrubbing with the wash mit, but I'm just curious if the Yellow color attracts birds. We seem to have a few pigeons in our office garage and thinking maybe they're perching on the car. Just curious...anyone else see this with their vivid yellow?

to me it's white that the birds attack...my car gets bombed everyday...and i'm not even around a tree!!! stupid pigeons...i need a bb gun

birds no, but bugs yes. the scratches are probably swirl marks. most of the cars have them. i don't know what causes it or how to take them out. anybody else?

i have a laser blue mica mp3...and ive seen birds perched on my wing! and a dragonfly on my antenna...and bugs (right after i wash the car). as for removing swirls...a nice wash, glaze, then wax will make your car shine like new.

I always have bees fly near or land on my car. The other day a bee flew in my car and landed on my friend....damn that was funny,:D he cussing up a storm and freaking out.

dude wasnt it just a few mos ago that you were at 400 posts...shaa...post ***** :p

YellowMP5 said:
birds no, but bugs yes. the scratches are probably swirl marks. most of the cars have them. i don't know what causes it or how to take them out. anybody else?

Most swirls are from washing & drying your car the wrong way. No matter what you do you'll leave some kind of fine line scratches & swirls, to minimize this try washing & drying your car in the same direction. Example wash & dry in 1 motion from front to back, don't do circles!

And for Waxing Use only 100% Cotton towels like Canon or FieldCrest. Shop towels can do nasty things to your paint.

Last edited:
I have a yellow P5 (since Monday) and I have not seen any birds on my car yet. I have seen a few lady bugs on it.

Todd

I have a silver p5, and I think it's an anti-bird magnet, if that makes any sense at all. ;)

My former roomate used to park her car in the spot I park in now, and she always had birds crapping on her car. Since she moved out and I got the parking spot, zero bird crap. I thought for certain I was going to have to start washing my car every other day. Guess birds don't like my car's colour. PHEW.
:D

Sorry, but they're not swirl marks...

I know what swirl marks are and what they look like, that's not what I'm talking about. I first thought they were bugs marks from hitting bugs, but what bugs do I hit on the roof of the car? Well, it was just a curious though. As for swirl marks, a good sealer/glaze should do the trick...after using a good cleaner first.

I wanted a yellow one, but due to the increase in price, i had to settle for another color. I ended up getting Midnight Blue. Best choice i could have made. I love the color. Has anyone had any major problems with the paint from yellow? i heard it chips easily?

I was driving with my windows down yesterday and I reached in the seat next to me for my water. Sitting in the seat next to me was a bumble bee! What the hell, He wasn't moving, just chillen, so I scraped him on a CD case and threw him out the window.

MidnightP5 said:
I wanted a yellow one, but due to the increase in price, i had to settle for another color.
OMG!! People, please for the love of god, don't believe what the salesmen tell you! There should be NO price difference. I can't believe the gall of some of those snakes. I can say all this because I have sold cars before and they always try to get more money out of you by making s*** up. Sorry, but it makes me so angry.

Did you guys know that they can print those stickers with a different price thatn actual MSRP? Did you know that you don't have to pay what the sticker says? For those of you that do know, you would be suprised at the number of people who don't.

The last time I got mad over a salesman lying was when I was looking at WRXs. I knew the game, but the salesman said I'd have to pay 2K over sticker because they were in such demand. Now I know people were paying over sticker last year, but come on! How dumb do I look? Oh...it's that "she's a stOOpid woman" thing... ;)

Breathe, Diane, breathe... :D

Dell been pushing you hard, lately...?

Although I know about car salesmen's total lack of honesty, I appreciate the detailed info. I was unaware of the legality of MSRP misrepresentation. Creepy!

Syzygy said:

Breathe, Diane, breathe... :D

Dell been pushing you hard, lately...?

Although I know about car salesmen's total lack of honesty, I appreciate the detailed info. I was unaware of the legality of MSRP misrepresentation. Creepy!
Naaa..Dell is kool.:)

Always check MSRP and invoice pricing online before you go to the dealership. AND tell them you want to buy the car at invoice and you would like to see their invoice to compare it to a printout you have. The invoice price is the same for every dealership in the US. Don't be afraid, just do it. They hate a well-informed customer. It gives you the upper hand.

I don't know about you guys, but there is nothing more satisfying then catching the sales person with their pants down around there ankles when it comes to the sales song and dance.

When I was specing out my pro5, the sales women tried to song and dance me. Since I had done my research online into the p5 (thanks in part to this board) I caught her trying to jack the price with mystery costs.

Since I had researched the dealer price and availability, her "you must take this price because of availability" scam didn't work. I ended up getting my p5 for a little under msrp.

Buying at the end of the month has BIG "backed into a corner" advantages when dealing with sales people as well.

well i didn't really care, my mom was taking care of it for me since i was at school (therfore, out of town) she did manage to negotiate an incredible deal. Of course, as you said, before going to the dealership, i did my research for my mom. I went to the websites (many of them) and got like "what if" quotes and such. I then compared that price to other cars (ones that i may have gotten instead) but in the end, it all worked out. I love my Blue one now even though I was disappointed about NOT getting a yellow one.

Before checking in with my thoughts on car buying, I'd like to say "HI" to everyone since this is my first post, and I love the forum.

I went to carbuyingtips.com and after deciding I wanted the Protege5, I got three seperate quotes from the online quoting sources, and then pitted them against each other. Then I found out about the factory holdbacks (2% of the base price for the mazda dealers) and went into my local dealership with all the paperwork that had been forwarded to me with the quotes.

Well, let's just say the dealership manager was Pi**ed off! (hee!) He actually called the other dealership that had the lowest quote, and we could hear him yelling at them from his office. (This was after we made a deal.) He tried to tell me they would lose money if he sold it to me below the quote. I pointed out that he was, in fact, getting almost $320 back from the factory and he was going to make money on my trade in.

The friend that went with me looked at me like a I had grown a third eyeball because the price just kept coming down. (Hee! again)

I can understand the frustration of dealing with the sales people (esp. the men) being a woman and buying a car. That's why I only go once every seven years. Drives me insane. "Just because I have breasts doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Hey, look at my face when I'm talking to you!"

Weighing in back on the original topic, I have a red Protege5. I've only got about 200 miles on it so far, but I think it's a target for the birds. They don't land on it, but they seem to have an affinity for play "poo poo bombadiers" when I'm on the freeway. At least it hasn't happened yet when I've had the moonroof open.

-Lori

Back