Does the 2019 CX-5 Signature have remote start? I’m confused

Does 19 Signature have remote start? Im confused.

Does remote start still require that clunky app or god awful key fob?
Yes. Warning to those new CX-5 owners who want remote start: never get OEM accessory Mazda Mobile Start phone app which is so slow with a subscription fee, or Remote Engine Start which requires a second large fob with a telescopic antenna! Find an aftermarket remote start which utilizes original key fob and doesnt shut the engine off when you open the driver door.

Next will be a machine that makes coffee in the car for you. Remote start and come out with instant coffee.

A more sound complaint than the nonsense about the turbos not making it drive like a RX8

Last edited:
Next will be a machine that makes coffee in the car for you. Remote start and come out with instant coffee.

What??? It doesn*t make coffee?! I could*ve sworn I read it was Keurig k-cup compatible on the Mazda website!

First I've heard of the CX5 being more gas guzzling during idle....

Yeah, it is terrible before being properly warmed up. By definition, all cars get 0 miles to the gallons while idling but I could watch the MPG meter go down 0.1 MPG per minute.

I'm still learning a lot of the Mazda features from this forum. As much as they are trying...they (Mazda) still have a lot of stuff that they can improve; specially in their tech department.

It is not unreasonable to expect some features that the competition has, but consumers have a breaking point/deal breaker.

Ikr? I can only assume he's talking about how there's no really good non Cellular remote start option on a Mazda. What else ya got? Because the Mazdas are ridiculously friendly to aftermarket remote start unlike a ton of cars out there still.

What are you talking about?

As far as features go, it goes toe to toe with my *18 BMW X3.

Remote start (like what the OP stated).

If you say so. I don't have any of these vehicles. How's the 360 view camera view of the X3 compared to the Cx-5?

Ikr? I can only assume he's talking about how there's no really good non Cellular remote start option on a Mazda. What else ya got? Because the Mazdas are ridiculously friendly to aftermarket remote start unlike a ton of cars out there still.

Not sure if you're asking me....but read the OP's original question, then his response on post#5. Which prompted me to reply to this thread.

@husker_soze

360 is better on the X3 from what I understand. I have a 17 CX-5, which doesnt have 360 view

Mazda executes blind spot warning better than BMW. The only audio warning I hear in my X3 is cross traffick.

Keep in mind, I said feature for feature

@husker_soze

360 is better on the X3 from what I understand. I have a *17 CX-5, which doesn*t have 360 view

Mazda executes blind spot warning better than BMW. The only audio warning I hear in my X3 is cross traffick.

Keep in mind, I said *feature for feature*

Thanks.

I have 2004 Honda Pilot, so the in-dash 6-disc CD Changer is the coolest tech feature I currently have.

Any "new tech" feature will be a plus for me should I pull the trigger on the new CX-5.

We love our CX-5 for what it is. The days I drive it arent disappointing

0b4c41c02d0146978d1b9a795ddabc09.jpg

Geez, don*t get all butt hurt cause I*m not swooning all over the new CX5.

The infotainment system graphics and interface are clunky and way behind other brands, the rear view and 360 pictures look like they came from a $100 stick on camera, and, what this thread is really about, lack of a basic oem remote fob start. And more...

And lots of stuff is done really well.

It*s a nicely appointed car with a lot of good features and tech but Mazda is falling behind on some things - especially considering their reaching into a higher-tier segment (with some prices to match).

Last edited:
The tech features are definitely not that well implemented. Driver safety is pretty good for the most part but I do prefer the German approach of much less beeping.

Initially you were talking about X1. Now talking X3 its definitely not a fair fight as the X3 is next level for chassis and powertrain IMO but you will probably pay 15-20 k more for a similarly equipped car. So as they say you get what you pay for but the Mazda is definitely a vey good value. I doubt anyone is cross shopping a RAV4 with anything BMW Audi ect.

We love our CX-5 for what it is. The days I drive it arent disappointing

Very nice. You ever hit 130 or above on the autobahn? I know the pre-2017 were governor limited to 125, but I think the manual said the 2017+ were wind resistance restricted to 130 or 135.

The tech features are definitely not that well implemented. Driver safety is pretty good for the most part but I do prefer the German approach of much less beeping.

Initially you were talking about X1. Now talking X3 it*s definitely not a fair fight as the X3 is next level for chassis and powertrain IMO but you will probably pay 15-20 k more for a similarly equipped car. So as they say you get what you pay for but the Mazda is definitely a vey good value. I doubt anyone is cross shopping a RAV4 with anything BMW Audi ect.

My thoughts exactly on the tech features. However, those are things I can probably live with....since I don't want to pay more $$$ than I really have to.

Back