does egr valve gets really hot?

:
03 MSP OJ
i am about to install the egr valve (the one below throttle body)

removed the old version EGR, full of rust on the surface, it didnt get clogged inside tho (heard ppl saying they tends to get clogged and rusted)

looks like its working condition.

anyway i brought new canadianEGR and just spray painted it with oil based rust paint

after i painted it, i just remember oil based paint especially dark paint tends to bubble/crack when heated.

whats the top temperature EGR valve temperature would hit when the car is running? is it just warm or really hot?

should i thin the paints down and repaint it with heat resist enamel?

well it does come in direct contact with exhaust gases so yeah it gets pretty hot. i would assume that it will screw up the paint, maybe try some high temp paints i bet they stock it at just about any parts store. I used VHT black paint when i sprayed my exhaust on my cr125r, it worked great.

yea i think exhaust gas should be hot, but its small EGR line and its close to throttle body already, it shouldnt be too hot?

otherwise it just heats up the cold air we cooled down through all that turbo intercooler radiator technology LOL.

sounds like a server adding hot tea in my ice water glass. and i was like ....... WTF (boom05)

well actually on the contrary an EGR is actually a good thing to have bc it lowers combustion temps at cruising speeds and makes your engine run at a more optimal cylinder temp range, at WOT and and idle the egr does nothing.

so essentailly if your crusing at say maybe 2000rpm and you go WOT the egr closes and all that cool air from the intercooler does its job soon as 2800-3000 rpms come around and your turbo spools up. so really the egr has no negative performance aspects in these cars albeit they do cause a lot of issues when they get carbon fouled

installed, just realized that coolant line go through the new EGR, so shouldnt have to worry about the paint getting heated i guess.

Back