Does anyone know torque specs?

Does anyone have the torque specs for the (tire)lug nuts for our MP3s. I somehow warped my stock rotor from the last time I tightened them....although I tightened them in the correct sequence.Thanks.

I would highly doubt you can warp a rotor from incorrectly tightening the lugs. You might damage your wheels, but the worst you could do to the rotor/hub is strip the threads or snap one off.

Rotor warping comes from heating the rotors beyond their limits to dissipate heat. The rotor then cools unevenly and "bends" the metal. On most cars you see it happen to the front rotors because they take most of the load. If your rotors are newer and haven't been worn too much you can have them machined back into spec -- otherwise I would invest in better quality rotors.

Torque Setting

According to the FSM, lug nuts should be tightened to 66-86 ft/lbs (89-117 N/m).

02 DX Millenium Red

Well thanks for replying fellas....It was my guess that the warping occured after I mounted my tires and tightened the lug nuts.....but since I do have a turbo kit which does increase the speed, hence putting more strain on the rotors when braking....could be the culprit. Well I got some new performance rotors and brake pads by EBC.....lets see what happens now.

Latest posts

Back