Does anyone have a copy of the TSB for 2015 seat warmers?

mtvon2

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Technology AWD
I saw this TSB a few months ago posted but I can't seem to find it with a search. My seat warmers do not work at all and I think the TSB has something to do with plugging the connectors in correctly. Thank you.

I think this is the TSB number.
09-033/14
Models with VIN# under 477565 and I'm one.

I can barely feel mine. Is this something the TSB covers? I don't know if there is an issue or are they just very weak.

^^^Apparently there is a wire that can come loose and that makes the heated seats inoperable. You might want to your vin and see if you are affected. I know I am.

^^^Apparently there is a wire that can come loose and that makes the heated seats inoperable. You might want to your vin and see if you are affected. I know I am.

I do feel them eventually but barely so I don't know if its a unconnected wire. I'm very disappointed with them
You could cook a pizza on my wifes's seat heaters in her MINI. The highest setting is immediate heat and lots of it.

my 2015 also falls under this TSB and I have tested out the the heater seats as it has gotten cold (down in the 40s) in the mornings and the heater seats seem to work, just not as warm as I expected. I am approaching my first oil change and I am going to have them test the functionality and heat generated from my seats to see if it is their specification for working. At the same time I also curious to see what the temperature is supposed to be on a normally functional heater seat, because they could just be weaker heaters.

Having this issue as well, the seats don't really produce much heat and feel only warm...

Can't even tell a difference in any of the 3 settings either.

Except that one of the "features" that we purchased is faulty?

Depends on the definition. My wife's car doesn't fall under TSB and both heaters work. They're not as efficient or powerful as some other car's. But to call it faulty is a stretch. I noticed that on our first test drive, and this was summer. I knew what we're getting into.

Well, I took my CX-5 for the seat warmer malfunction and provided the TSB # to the service manager. Apparently the seats should be at 90 degrees with all three lights on. They measured my seats and of course they measured 90 degrees. I've owned many cars with seat warmers and the Mazdas is the most tepid by far. However, I will say the seats become warm after a while but it takes maybe 15-20 minutes for this to happen. I wish the warmers would kick in as soon as the buttons are pressed.

Well, I took my CX-5 for the seat warmer malfunction and provided the TSB # to the service manager. Apparently the seats should be at 90 degrees with all three lights on. They measured my seats and of course they measured 90 degrees. I've owned many cars with seat warmers and the Mazdas is the most tepid by far. However, I will say the seats become warm after a while but it takes maybe 15-20 minutes for this to happen. I wish the warmers would kick in as soon as the buttons are pressed.
The seats should be at 90 degrees for the seat warmers to have full functionality?

The seats should be at 90 degrees for the seat warmers to have full functionality?
This is according to the service tech. I know it seems very low and this might explain why it takes a long time to really feel any heat.

Mine falls under the TSB but are plenty warm and seem to heat up relatively quickly. In fact.... far quicker to heat up than the ones in my G35. It was a common complaint on that car as well that seat heaters weren't hot enough or warmed up fast enough.

I can't feel a thing on my just delivered '15 CX-5 at the low and medium settings. The highest setting feels like what the low setting should feel like, IMO. I will ask about this at the 1,000 mile check up.

Since the CX is the wifes car, I haven't really paid attention to the heated seats. So after reading your guys comments, here's my thoughts......wife has no complaints, loves the heated seats.
The other day I took the CX5 out for a drive, and after a bit, i was sitting there cooking. Wondered why it was so hot in the vehicle. Finally noticed that the seat was on.
And last night, I hit the switch for the heated seats. It was all 3 bars, and within ONE minute I could feel it warming up quite nice. After 5 minutes, I had to turn it off, cause it was just too hot.
Since this is the first vehicle we've owned with heated seats, we have nothing to compare it to. But so far, the seats seem to pump out some good heat.

Since the CX is the wifes car, I haven't really paid attention to the heated seats. So after reading your guys comments, here's my thoughts......wife has no complaints, loves the heated seats.
The other day I took the CX5 out for a drive, and after a bit, i was sitting there cooking. Wondered why it was so hot in the vehicle. Finally noticed that the seat was on.
And last night, I hit the switch for the heated seats. It was all 3 bars, and within ONE minute I could feel it warming up quite nice. After 5 minutes, I had to turn it off, cause it was just too hot.
Since this is the first vehicle we've owned with heated seats, we have nothing to compare it to. But so far, the seats seem to pump out some good heat.

I totally believe some have issues as there wouldn't be a TSB... mine are working well though.. I had them on yesterday on high and had to turn them down.

An infrared thermometer might help in troubleshooting. I have one for other uses. Inexpensive at HF.

image_15154.jpg

Mine falls under the TSB but are plenty warm and seem to heat up relatively quickly. In fact.... far quicker to heat up than the ones in my G35. It was a common complaint on that car as well that seat heaters weren't hot enough or warmed up fast enough.
I have owned German cars before and those heated seats warmed up quickly and were toasty. I guess because of Deutscheland winters, they know the importance of heated seats.

I recently bought a 2014 mazda 3 for my wife, its the GS with heated cloth seats.
After starting the car and setting the seats to high, Within 15 seconds they are hot... very hot.
In my CX5 (leather seats) it takes about 5 minutes to get half as hot at the same setting.

this is from the same car company, and same technology...
Is this due to the leather seats... or as the CX5 gotten less efficient seat warmers?

I will definitely mention it at my dealership next time I go in for maintenance.

Back