Does anybody know how to adjust the clutch?

xyrth

:
Mazda2 / CX-5 / 1GDSM
I'm used to a threaded rod that connects to the pedal for clutch adjustments, but it doesn't appear to have one - it's all plastic. There is a plastic rod on the slave too, does anybody know where the adjustment is?

Thanks!

On the protege, there is a threaded bar that pushes into the clutch master cylinder. It lets you adjust the throw and initial starting point of the pedal to a degree.

what is the problem with the stock location, I quite like the cultch on my wife's car. Pretty much spot on.

Official word from my local dealer: The clutch is non adjustable.

Sigh.

You sure? I called my dealer the day after I picked it up, and they told me it could be adjusted. I never went and just got used to it. Call up another dealer just to be sure?

I will call another.

Mine is at the top of the travel, it's very tough to drive from time to time. I stall it several times daily, and it seems incredibly inconsistent. Trying to firm up the mount helped, but I think there are issues with it right off the bat.

Been waiting for 2 weeks for the dealership to get in a loaner car, getting tired of it.

Don't call. Get under there with a light and LOOK.

in my experience the dealer techs are like any other business.

you get really stellar guys who love to know.

you get Bozo who nobody understands how he passed the Mazda mechanics training cause he can't even build LEGO, never mind formulate a helpful suggestion.

you ask a garage, they will tell you it isn't adjustable, because they are Dumb and too lazy to look.

it should be fairly simple to see just by looking at it

Don't call. Get under there with a light and LOOK.

in my experience the dealer techs are like any other business.

you get really stellar guys who love to know.

you get Bozo who nobody understands how he passed the Mazda mechanics training cause he can't even build LEGO, never mind formulate a helpful suggestion.

you ask a garage, they will tell you it isn't adjustable, because they are Dumb and too lazy to look.

it should be fairly simple to see just by looking at it

Sorry that i didn't make this clear -- I have looked. Pulled back all the rubber boots, and just found straight plastic rods. I may get to poke around on a manual @ the dealership soon.

Is your clutch still in good condition? Usually, when clutches begin to go bad, their engage point gets closer and closer to the top the pedal travel.

Is your clutch still in good condition? Usually, when clutches begin to go bad, their engage point gets closer and closer to the top the pedal travel.

Clutch is at the top, and smelled the first ~1000 miles, the past couple of hundred it has gone away. It has slipped once or twice, and I have to slip it sometimes to get the car moving, lest i stall it with the clutch so damn far off the ground.

I swear i have to bring my knee to my nose to get the clutch to disengage.

Very odd, I may suggest bleeding it since you have noted earlier that the clutch was inconsistent.

My initial thought as well. Unfortunately, the reservoir is not readily apparent. I believe it shares ones with the brakes, dealership is getting back to me. (I asked them to bleed it too)

My initial thought as well. Unfortunately, the reservoir is not readily apparent. I believe it shares ones with the brakes, dealership is getting back to me. (I asked them to bleed it too)

You don't bleed it at the reservoir.

You don't bleed it at the reservoir.

Really? I thought air rose up through hydraulic lines?

That was sarcasm. I don't understand your immediate, and unwelcome pejorative attitude. Please leave if you're not willing to help.

You're an idiot if you go to bleed something and don't keep an eye on the reservoir.

I'd insist the dealer rectify the issue if possible, if your car is even remotely new. That shouldn't be happening. Certainly no clutch smells... Where are you on miles?

Really? I thought air rose up through hydraulic lines?

That was sarcasm. I don't understand your immediate, and unwelcome pejorative attitude. Please leave if you're not willing to help.

You're an idiot if you go to bleed something and don't keep an eye on the reservoir.

Aren't you just a Peach.

I am one of perhaps 10 people on this forum who you actually want help from. Please in the future, keep the all of your "Written Verbal Garbage" off of this forum. You make people not want to help you, and plus, it shows your true level of intelligence.

I dont give a crap about the Sarcasm, I have seen tons of educated people here.. I have seen 10x more people, such as yourself who are asking Very Basic Questions, and need help.

Honestly, I don't think it was Sarcasm from you. I truly believe that you have no clue, or you wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Please let me know if you actually want help. It is the only reason I frequent these forums.

Last edited:
Aren't you just a Peach.

I am one of perhaps 10 people on this forum who you actually want help from. Please in the future, keep the all of your "Written Verbal Garbage" off of this forum. You make people not want to help you, and plus, it shows your true level of intelligence.

I dont give a crap about the Sarcasm, I have seen tons of educated people here.. I have seen 10x more people, such as yourself who are asking Very Basic Questions, and need help.

Honestly, I don't think it was Sarcasm from you. I truly believe that you have no clue, or you wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Please let me know if you actually want help. It is the only reason I frequent these forums.

Dude, you're being a dick. Go back, read the posts, try to be objective. I'm being ridiculously civil, and you're trying to play the 500lb gorilla. Trust me, you're not.

Stop trolling, and gtfo.

Maybe I am being ridiculous, going to step away from the computer, take my own advice and reread tomorrow.

Last edited:
So, I definitely over-reacted to your posts, and I'm sorry. Your responses assume I'm an idiot that knows nothing about cars, which I took offense to.

Then you pumped up your ego as soon as I said something and it went to s***.

If you want to help, go look at your wife's car and find what I couldn't find.

If you find any way to adjust the pedal, let us know because I've been looking a way to adjust it 2 months now and i am out of ideas....

Back