Does 225/45/18 Fit ok MS6

Afroman

I am looking into ordering some new tires for my Spee6. I would like to keep the cost down and it appears that going a little wider to 225/45/18 is a good option. It must be a more popular tire size.

Has / Does anyone run 225/45/18 on a Mazdaspeed6? Any Fender Rubbing Issues?

Any recommendations? I looked on tire rack and I found

Continental ContiExtremeTrac to have good ratings with over 30,000,000 miles of reported used.

I also saw Kuhmo Ecsta ASX to have ok reviews as well with similar amount of reported miles.

Anyone run these two brands of tires?

I have previously run the Stock Potenzas which were fun for about 10,000 miles then they were toast.

I also have Pirelli P-Zero Mud/Snow all seasons on now and they live up to their name. Unstoppable in bad weather and heavy snow.( I mean HEAVY 6"+ of snow).

I have run 225/45/18's, no rubbing at all with the stock wheels. I have also run 225/40/18's on the stock wheels, no rubbing. 225/40 are cheaper, but hard to find the correct load rating.

I used 225 45 18 on the stock wheels with the RPM lowering springs with no issues even with three passengers. I am using the Kumho Ecsta SPT's and love them.

I currently have the ASX's in a 225/45/18 and love them. They have been great in the few snow storms we have had this winter. I highly recommend them for a great 4 season tire. No rubbing issues, look great and took care of the speedo's incorrect reading. My friend had the conti's on his Audi and they were great but quite loud on the highway.

i've had 225/45/18 on the stock wheels that are 7" pre and post drop with rpm springs and never had any rubbing issues and i've also had 7.5" rims on those tires pre-drop with no problems but now i have the 225/45/18's on 8" rim post drop and i am very very close, probably would only rub under extreme conditions, but that being said i'll be rolling my fenders.

i have pzero nero all weathers aaa tread, they were great in the winter i embarassed many a many car attempting to follow me. kuhmo spts outperformed the stock potenzas. i have two in perfect condition i need to get 2 more before it starts getting hot outside.

I have run 225/45/18's, no rubbing at all with the stock wheels. I have also run 225/40/18's on the stock wheels, no rubbing. 225/40 are cheaper, but hard to find the correct load rating.

load rating isnt the most important thing....just be within a couple of stock and its fine..

I used 225 45 18 on the stock wheels with the RPM lowering springs with no issues even with three passengers. I am using the Kumho Ecsta SPT's and love them.

I second this one. Same tires and love them! Much better ride and no rubbing at all....

I have the Conti Extreme contact tires in 225/40/18 on stock rims and no rubbing. The tires are very good in the driving rain but noisy and just so so in normal conditions. I and looking for good street summer tires now.

Falken FK 452 in 225/45/18 here. They were a good, grippy tire for the first summer, but they did wear down quicker than I expected. I'll be babying them through this summer if I can make them last, and then switching to something different for next year.

Back