Do Shoes Make a Difference?

I used to be light on the gas in bare feet and heavy on it with boots, but I really don't notice a difference anymore...
Sketchers....dress shoes....Doc Martin sandals....it doesn't matter. The pedals still go to the floor when appropriate (naughty)

once i tried moving my truck (4 speed) in a ski area parking lot with my ski
boots on. Try that sometime.

and the comment about the wife getting sea-sick cracked me up! I can see
my wife over there swaying back and forth as i run through the gears.. i swear
she's accentuating it just to bust me..

i have to whare steel toed shoes/boots at work so im in the habit of just wearing my adidas indor soccer shoes to work and then changing at work. I cant drive with the steel toe my foot gets cought between the brake and the tunnel all the time

DAMN! You must have some big feet or a very wide forefoot.

once i tried moving my truck (4 speed) in a ski area parking lot with my ski
boots on. Try that sometime.

and the comment about the wife getting sea-sick cracked me up! I can see
my wife over there swaying back and forth as i run through the gears.. i swear
she's accentuating it just to bust me..

YES!! I'd swear the same thing. One time I even got mad about it and said something to her. She swears it is the motion of the car doing it, but I think she is accentuating it.

YES!! I'd swear the same thing. One time I even got mad about it and said something to her. She swears it is the motion of the car doing it, but I think she is accentuating it.

I feel the exact same thing with my girlfriend LOL!!!. But when I'm in her car (5 spd) I find myself being jolted quite a bit as well. I think holding the steering wheel makes a HUGE difference.

Heh. When I drive and no one complains, I drive best. When someone else in the car has any type of comment on my technique, I focus too much and my shifts are not as smooth as otherwise..

As far as shoes go, I have some nice Converse that ought to be ideal, but my usual shoes are Garmont or Merrell trail shoes and I find the stiffer & thicker sole to be beneficial - opposite of what I thought it would be when I bought the Converse. Oh well. Driving in work boots really is weird, though.

I used to take my shoes off on long trips in my old Saturn, but that wasn't very sporty, and the clutch was quite.. soft, for lack of a better word.

I have been driving stick since I got my DL. One thing I have noticed with every New or new to me car that I have gotten, the shoes only make a difference until you get used to the car. The longer I drive it the less shoes make a difference. I wear Doc's, Vans, Chuck's, Flip flops, Heels and running shoes. Since I just got my 08 MS3 GT I need a bit of time to get used to the car but it isn't taking me to long.

Back