Discount Tire Direct - $100 off 4 wheels or 4 tires OR $200 off 4 wheels+tires

yeah, all prices with discount tire are negotiable....i have a friend who works there and says if you negotiate with them well you can get some really good deals

Those are dirt cheap prices! Im thinking of buying an extra set even though I just bought some a couple weeks ago.

Just bought the Falken ZE 912's. Very nice tire but the sidewalls feel soft which makes for a nice ride. Might just pick up some 452' and save them for next summer.

what pressure are you running them at?

using the TR calculator, the ideal tire size to replace the stock 215's would be 225/45/18 (for the MS3). But you can save quite a bit more money getting 225/40/18 tires.

anybody have an opinion on the pros/cons of getting a slightly undersized (smaller dia.) tire? I know it throws off the speedometer somewhat.

225/45 will oversize you by 1.4% while 225/40 will undersize you by 2.1%.

One possible advantage is that an undersized tire will slightly overestimate your speed on the speedometer. Who knows, that extra 1-2 mph may save you a ticket, but not likely.

Actually an even closer match to overall tire diameter would be a 235/40, which has a difference of only 0.8%.

http://www.tiresizecalculator.info/ <- a great calculator for tire sizes!

Welp, I put my money where my mouth is... got 4 Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+Ses in 235/45 17... $524 shipped, not too shabby IMO
Which the tire size calculator says will make the tires 1.14% smaller, but using the actual tire diameters from tirerack.com: the OEM diameter is 25.7" and these M+Ses have a diameter of 25.5" (a difference of <0.8% smaller)! close enough for me

Last edited:
maybe a noob question, but I assume its possible and not too difficult to re-use the valve stems & TPM sensors off the stock wheels on the aftermarket rims?

This sale is back... sorta. They're only offering $50 off for sets of 4. I don't know if this is a new detail or not, but a stipulation for this new deal is...
You must complete your order online.

Back