Disabiling the DRL and a HU question

royce416

:
2002 Mazda Protoge 5
Hey all, newbie to the forums here (hi)

Im going to be picking up a Protoge 5 either late this week or early next week (Hopefully sooner) and im psyched!

My previous car was a 2002 dodge neon with the 4 speed automatic, already on the 2nd transmission and about to need a third... Sooo, you can see why I got a new car..

Anyways, as I said im getting a 02 Protoge 5.. 5 speed manual trans, 2.0L motor, power windows, locks, sunroof... 140,000 KM.

So, Im going to be putting HID's into it, and I noticed that the DRLs run off the headlight bulb... and if I put a HID kit in there, the ballasts will get screwed up getting only DRL voltage, so is there a relay or fuse or something I can pull to disable them? Cops dont bother you for not having DRLs anyways so im not worried.

Also, I noticed the radio area looks big enough for a in-dash DVD/GPS/Radio unit (Double din its called.. right?) but I keep getting different answers from future shop and best buy.. Some say it will fit, some say it wont, some say it will with a minor modification.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, the forum looks pretty good and informative, im currently downloading the service manual as im wiriting this.

Thanks!(drinks)

I hate to be a stick in the mud but why not just stick with the stock headlights?

As for your question about a double DIN head unit, yes it'll fit, plenty of people around here have them.

Back