Dipped Emblems, HID's and Dipped Wheels

jeffcarp03

:
14 Mazda CX-5 Sport and 14 Mazda 6 Sport
Hi everyone.. just want to let you know what I did this weekend...

Dipped rear emblems black with 2 coats glossifier...

Installed HID headlights 55w 6000k e-bay slim ballast... very easy install...

still trying to decide weather white on white or black on white on the rims...

2 coats black (base coat) 4 coats white 2 coats glossifer

Let me know what you guys think :)

I like the white rims as well...plus not many people will have a white car with white rims. Looks good!

thanks for the reply guys, based on the replies 5 nay and 2 yay :D

so i went ahead and dipped the one front wheel gloss black

what do you think?

don't mind my wifes cx5 :D

The dealer screwed you on your front plate frame, it is supposed to have a big ass goofy plate bracket screwed into the bumper

The black looks way better than the white. As for the plate bracket that is the standard US bracket. The big one hornsfan is referring to is for European cars.

I have a '14 6 touring/tech in the garage and see them on a daily basis, there is only one type of bracket. The car in this thread has none, plate screwed directly to the bumper. The bracket is in the trunk in every new 6 unless it has been stolen.

Congratulations on your '14 6 touring with tech! I myself have a '14 GT 6, it has the plate bracket you are referring to in the trunk. By no means is it big or goofy looking.

i keep forgetting to buy everytime we're at walmart:D... i have several jacks laying around so i just use them..

The dealer screwed you on your front plate frame, it is supposed to have a big ass goofy plate bracket screwed into the bumper

ur talking about this?

i removed it, too bulky in my opinion. just received my DMV license plate today and installed it looks much cleaner.

I did the exact same thing, pulled off the bulky front plate holder and installed a Weathertech plate holder (with plate cover) direct to the frame. Looks much better and doesn't hide the bottom part of the front grille at all. Rampage

Back