Dimmed Gauges

Nokkers3

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
A few days ago, I installed a Cobb SRI so I had to disconnect the negative terminal on my battery. After I reconnected the battery and turned my lights on for a drive, I noticed that my gauges were really dimmed. They were definitely darker than before. I used the adjuster by the steering wheel, but it was already set to the highest setting. I know that disconnecting the battery resets all the settings, so maybe I missed something somewhere? Did I mess something up by accident?

Not likely. Did you try the pushbutton above and between the tach and speedo?

was it at the highest setting when the lights were on?? if so shut the headlights off, then adjust the brightness to max. then turn on headlights and see if its better

The gauge dimming is a commonly misunderstood feature on this car.... my salesman had no idea when I bought it. Basically there are two controls: the dimmer dial (left of steering wheel), and the day/night switch (between tachometer and speedometer).

-With your headlights off the dimmer does nothing and the day/night switch will incrementally dim down the cluster lights

-With the headlights on the dimmer will dim all the dash lights, however the gauges are still dependent on the day/night switch. In day mode the cluster will remain at whatever brightness they were set to when the headlights were off (meaning if you dim it down to nothing then that's how they'll come on in "day" mode with the lights on), but the dimmer won't do anything for the cluster.

-In night mode the cluster will dim down to a much gentler light that's a lot less blinding, also in night mode the cluster will be dimmed by the dimmer.

Latest posts

Back